LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Riya   25 April 2017

NOC

I am a Scale 1 officer in a public sector bank since January 2010.I recently applied for GIC and NICL Assistant Manager and Administrative Officer respectively. After applying online for the above I sent an intimation letter to my Bank via speed post regarding submission of my candidature.The above intimation was sent via speed post because I am on leave since 27-02-17 due to my mother's illness.The Bank has replied that I have not taken permission from the Bank to apply for the above posts.Also since all my leaves have exhausted I am presently on unauthorised leave.My hometown is in Kanpur and I have been posted in Kolkata.Due to my mother's critical condition I cant resume my duties.Is there some way you can help me out?Though I want to resign from the present organisation,but only after getting employment elsewhere.Is there a way out?Are there any adverse consequences that i'll have to face if i resign from my Bank after clearing my written exam in NICL and GIC(I am well prepared and sure of passing the written exam).In that case do I still need to produce NOC? Will my Bank object on my resignation since it has been brought to their notice that I have applied elsewhere?Kindly guide me urgently.

Learning

4 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     25 April 2017

"I am presently on unauthorised leave."

It is misconduct.

Riya   25 April 2017

Will it be the best and safest for me to resign at this moment?

It is your personal discretion and decision.

Choose wisely.

There are two objections by the bank.

It may not accept the resignation.

Preferably spend some quality time with local counsel specializing in Labor/service matters, your own Bank Employe's union leaders, before you act on your own.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register