Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

RAVI (INDIVIDUAL)     29 July 2010

NEED ADVICE ON CASH GIVEN TO FRIEND WITHOUT ANY AGREEMENT

Dear sir

I have given 50000 to my friend without any agreement on jan 2010.  But for a security purpose he gave me his mothers land document(original) and 4 blank undated cheque leaves to me.  now he is refusing to return the money to me.  I need your advice to do further.

Thankyou

Learning

4 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     29 July 2010

with the original land documents you cannot do anything so you have to use the cheques, present the cheque for encashment  & in case of cheques are bounced you can file a NI Act complaint by following the due procedure.

DEFENSE ADVOCATE.-firmaction@g (POWER OF DEFENSE IS IMMENSE )     29 July 2010

please be careful , defense advocate may ask for age of writting and forensic test for deffrence in writting and it amounts to pure pure cheating not only the accused but a;sp thte administration of justice

V. VASUDEVAN (LEGAL COUNSEL)     04 August 2010

Deposit of Title Document is a way of pledging. However, since the documents are in the name of the mother, it would not help you.  Cheque route also may not help since it would be difficult to provide that the cheque was issued in your favour for a debt. Try conciliation through a common friend.

Rounak (Businessman)     12 August 2010

Dear Sir,

What if the amount is made by an account payee cheque in the name of that person for the purpose of a work. and he refuse to pay. with out any agreement or anything as such after the work is complete?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register