Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ram   21 November 2017

My wife is planning to buy agriculture land in karnataka

Dear Experts,

My grandfather ( mother's father)  has agriculture land on his name in Karnataka. He passed away in 1982. My mother has one sister and 3 brothers ( one brother passed away) . We are not interested in grandfather's property ; just in getting an agriculturist certificate to buy agriculture land for some social cause.

With this background, do you think an agriculture certificate can be got on my wife's name ?

Regards,

Ram

Learning

6 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     22 November 2017

There is a revenue certificate that can be issued by State Govt and different states have different names for the certificates.  (Pahani etc).  There the name of the owner, the crops being grown, the name of the lessor are recorded periodically.  Those who are really agriculturists can only get such certificate.  Now some states have even digitalized the information, to make crop insurance more easy.  Right from sowing, every agricultural operation is incorporated in the data, and even for selling the produce, they check the website as to whether the seller is really having such land and grown this crop or not.

It is easy to get such fake certificates at village level.  Never take a short cut and violate the rules to get fake certificates, as it may to-day or tomorrow brings more complicated issues.  Even great persons like Amitabh and Vadra could not escape from such complaints.

Ram   22 November 2017

Dear Prasad Sir,

I have a pahani in my grandfather's name ( mother's father). Does that make me (actually my wife)  eligible to get the revenue certificate so that I can buy an agricultural land ? How should I approach the problem ?

Regards,

Ram

Enough has been responded.   Please go through reply.  Enjoyment and possession on record is more important.  Getting a certificate is not difficult, but if something goes wrong, you will be held liable for such violation and involving lady in these transactions is not desirable.

Ram   22 November 2017

Dear Prasad sir,

Sorry for my persistence but I am still not clear. I intend to do all the right things and I don't want to take any shortcuts. I don't want to take fake certificates. How can I procure the said document in a legal way ? How should I approach this ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Ram

Mr.Ram,

If she is still in possession, enjoyment and cultivating and shown her primary occupation as agriculture, and residing in that, and if her name is appearing in Revenue records of Pahani, she is entitled in right royal way.

Because she is a grand child of a farmer, she can not be treated as agriculturist.

A grand child is not class 1 legal heir also, if her mother is living, and if the grandfather is having Class 1 legal heirs .  You have not also mentioned her status to claim the property and her legal rights.

You should be knowing what is the primary  occupation and usual  of your wife as per records like Ration card, previous registered documents, voter card etc.

Please contact local advocate for more precise guidance.  This is not such easy to respond without knowing the facts. 

Ram   23 November 2017

Dear Prasad Sir,

Thanks for your advice and guidance .

Regards,

Ram

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register