Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Unknown (Individual)     20 May 2014

My sisters husband committed suicide by hanging

Dear Team,

Good to see the healthy discussions happening in this forum... I too had a question to the forum..

My sister husband has committed suicide by hanging last month. She is out of station for last 10 days before the event took place. She is in our parents home attending one marriage. After reaching home, she found that her husband has committed suicide by hanging. Neighbors first saw the person hanging. She then called to 108 and parents and in-laws. The in-laws has broken the doors and removed the body (in the presence of 108). The suicide note in the mobile says that he is suffering from severe stomach pain and hence, he took this decision. It also says that don't make any police issue to keep his soul in peace.

Post he incident on the same day, her in-laws and i went to PS and informed the incident. In-laws had made a compliant in PS that their son is dead and my sister is out of station.

In this back ground, i have two questions: (a) Whether there will be any  proceedings on my sister. (b) In-laws have took all the documents/ gold/ property relating to her husband and my sister. They are saying that they don't want to give any thing to my sister, as she has not taken care of their son. What recourse is available to me / my sister.

Request your expert inputs in this regards.

Thanks in advance.

Learning

4 Replies

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     20 May 2014

1. Yes , police will investigate The matter of suicide u/s 174 crpc
1 Like

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     20 May 2014

1. Yes , police will investigate The matter of suicide u/s 174 crpc , your sister will be questioned by the police 2. tell your sister file a report against her in- laws that they had taken all gold , jewellery and documents of property with them without your permission.
1 Like

Unknown (Individual)     20 May 2014

Thank You sir for your reply...

Another question.. in the desktop of the deceased person, in-laws identified a word document which contains the copy of old orkut chating messages made by sister with his old classmate.. these messages contains only the agony or mental torture she has undergone during her marriage life with the deceased person and with his family...will this work against my sister?

Request your humble reply..

priyan Sharma (Officer)     20 May 2014

No, The chat is not related with the incident,

In my opinion it can not be used against your sister.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register