Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

katheresan (none)     21 February 2015

My mother & sisters is trying to grab land from me

Respected Sir/Madam,

I am living in Tamilnadu.My age is 68(MALE).I have 8 acre of agriculture land which was bought in the year 1942 by my grandfather.After his death my father took care of the land(My father is the only legal hire).He too died in the year 1999 at age of 86.

My father has 1 son(i.e me) & 3 sisters(all married before 1987).In the year 2001 My mother & my 3 sisters demanded for money stating they have rights in the porperty.So I gave them Rs.5 lacks each(total 20lacks). In turn They agreed to give release deed(which includes land & house in which i am living) & it is also registered in 2001. 

My mother was not with me ever since 1993 to till date.She is living with one of her daughter(widow) from 1993 to take care of her.

My father is a corporation employee & after his death my mother is getting the pension of Rs.7000/month.Every thing was smooth till 2013.

NOW The problem is.

-> She has filed a case in police station on 10 feb 2015 stating that she want 0.25 acre of land from me(to build a hut) as a place to live in her last days.

-> She also saying that "Her life is under threat" because of me.

-> She also saying that I got back amount which i gave her at the time of release deed.(I have every proof to solve this point)

The case seems to filed with respect to "Parents & Senior citizen Welfare act"

I want answer & Clarification on the following question...

1.Does my mother still posses any right on my land stating that she is a senior citizen?

2.Can my mother request for land under this act or any other act?

3.Do I want to give any more money on monthly basis to her.? 

4.Does police has right to pass any order based upon this act with regard to the case? They can arrest me if I disagree with them?

My sisters and a land mofia in my area are playing a game by using my mother to grab land from me for the past 2 years..The police is also threatening me to give her .25 acre land or other wise i will be in serious trouble.They are not even ready to hear my side.

To my knowlege she can ask for money alone by using this act & not land. Please help me.... This might be useful to many. Thanks to all

Learning

1 Replies

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     22 February 2015

1. Police has no right to pass any such order to compel you to give her money or land, if police is doing so report it to ssp police of your district 2. If your mother and your fathers sister had relinquished their share in the property in favour of you by taking 5 lakhs and you had mutuated that land on your name then your mother has no right on that property. 3. Your mother is getting 7000/- as a pension hence court will not grant her any maintenance to her .

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register