LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

terresa   03 February 2015

My husband is harrasing me a lot

My husband is living separately from me from past one and half years. and we have two kids who are staying in my place. he visits them occasionally. He wants a divorce under mutual consent. Iam ready to give, but recently he is threatening me of filing extra cases on me that i am having affair with someone. He calls and tells that he will file a complaint when he finds my phone busy. and messages all all kind of vulgar words to me. He is mentally abusing me in whatsapp by calling me to come back in his life at one moment, and the very next moment he will again threaten me with dire consequences that will happen to my colleagues who are in touch with me, as all of them will be brought to court when files a complaint (guess what just for being in touch with me)  coz he suspects everyone with whom i talk. Dont i have freedom of my own? cant i talk or be with anyone i like as we are not living together, and all that is left is divorce. can i file a restraining order against him? I dont love him nor does he. its so evident. But everyday i am going through hell because of his abuses. He calls me Pros****** bit** and what not. and i keep quiet. and on top of that threatening everyday that he will take legal action on me. He wants the mangalsutra back. asks where i spend money. Does he even have rights to do that anymore? I dont earn more to find a good lawyer. On the verge of committing suicide. Please help me

Learning

7 Replies

rising up again (FFF)     04 February 2015

he can always put n number of allegations on you...but proving it is a different thing. If you have'nt done anything wrong....you do not have to worry about anything... 

AND for the sake of your children, you both should sit with elders and sort this through mutual consent. You say, you do not love him, then why stretch it in courts and throw dirt on each other....end of the day, the children see all this and suffer. Be friends even after your divorce, just for the sake of your children.... and take care of them jointly. Even if you keep the kids, they would also need the father....so, why not give what they need. Your husband is doing this because he needs an early divorce...he am sure would not do anything..

saravanan s (legal advisor)     04 February 2015

if you are particular about getting divorce then mcd is best.you can get decree within six months to a year.even then you keep all call recordings and emails as proof to prove his cruelty.suppose if he withdraws petition halfway during a mcd proceeding you need to go for a contested divorce.in that case these proofs will be of immense help to u.

(Guest)

You are Teresa, and he is Ravan.  File on him following cases,

498a

PWDVA 2005

125 crpc

Give police complaint against him

Go to his office and do hungama

Threaten to sit on fasting before his office with a bunch of women

Contact womens help line

Contact malavika tv actress and social activist

Contact kiran bedi also.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     05 February 2015

In the given situations, if you are no more interested to continue your marital life with him even in the interest of your children, you may better call it a day with him by giving consent for mutual divorce, your tale of woes and other problems will come to an end.  If you  resort to legal actions against him namely by filing cases under the provisions of DV act or 498a or any other law with an idea to put an end to his torturous behavior, you may lose your little peace too due to running behind the complaints your have lodged against him  and one fine day you will become fed up pursuing the case and will give them up very sadly losing your peace, time, energy and money. You are an employed person, think of all pros and cons and decide how to manage the crisis instead of hanging over it lament on it.

Jaya Pathak (Paralegal)     20 February 2015

Hello Teresa,

Take one step at a time..... I assume you have a smart phone. I will suggest you download the following phone application and start recording his calls. Make sure you put your phone on SPEAKER whenever your husband calls b'se this application will then record his voice very clearly. 

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.wooks.callrecorder&hl=en

Then see if your husband, in-laws & your parents and few of your other relatives come together for a meeting. Play this recorded calls and then try to settle this matter amicably....

If this doesnt work go and file a police complaint, you might want to take help by calling women's help line or an NGO before going to police station.

This should stop the harassment for sure........

Thanks

Jaya

Teresa.... BTW I forgot to write...... 

SUICIDE IS NOT A SOLUTION TO YOUR PROBLEM.... BE BRAVE AND FACE IT....

YOU ARE A WOMAN AND YOU ARE PROBABLY NOT AWARE HOW MUCH STRENGTH YOU HAVE WITHIN YOURSELF ONCE YOU DECIDE THAT YOU WANT TO LIVE A HAPPY LIFE.   

Originally posted by : Jaya Pathak

Hello Teresa,

Take one step at a time..... I assume you have a smart phone. I will suggest you download the following phone application and start recording his calls. Make sure you put your phone on SPEAKER whenever your husband calls b'se this application will then record his voice very clearly. Make sure you do some trial calls before you start recording your husband's calls. 

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.wooks.callrecorder&hl=en

Then see if your husband, in-laws & your parents and few of your other relatives come together for a meeting. Play this recorded calls and then try to settle this matter amicably....

If this doesnt work....... go and file a police complaint, you might want to take help by calling women's help line or an NGO before going to police station.

This should stop the harassment for sure........

Thanks

Jaya

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register