LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sonal   14 February 2016

My husband forged signature on my itr

My husband forged signature and showed tution income that I never earned. He also showed income of some of the businesses he used to run on my name. I never had access income earned from business. He filed these returns without my knowledge. Today I am separated and have no income. I have filed a maintenance case on him, my worry is he might use this against me. 

How should I tackle this situation and null void this return?

Learning

2 Replies

(Guest)

what kind of business your husband is running and in what form ? is it a partnership firm ? or a private limited company or private public etc.?

how do you know that your husband has forged your signature in your itr ?

G. Y. Sharma (Advocate)     16 February 2016

Dear Sonal,

First of all take the matter to the notice of an Auditor and arrange to file revised income tax returns informing the income tax authorities of the fact of making forgery of your signatures by your husband and thereby filing income tax returns without your knowledge and behind your back. Next report the matter to the police concerned and lodge FIR against your husband for the offence of cheating and forgery etc., Thirdly obtain certified copies of all these proceedings and keep them with you. Whenever your husband makes allegation that you have independent income of your own, then bring all these matters to the notice of court by filing those certified copies. Do all these things under the guidance and advice of an efficient legal Practitioner, lest the things would go against you.

Hope you got it. Any how for further clarifications, you are welcome to contact the undersigned.

G. YADAGIRI SHARMA,

M. Com., LL.M.,

G. AMRUTHA KUMARI,

M. Com., LL.M.,

ADVOCATES

H. No. 2-1-178/1, 100 Feet Road

Vidyaranyapuri, Hanumakonda.

WARANGAL DISTRICT – 506 009

* 98 493 45 755 – * 99 66 45 66 85

gysharmaadv@gmail.com

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies