Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

My gf is filing rape case for not marrying her How to defen?

My girlfriend is a Dalit . I�m is Balija. We have been in love for an year . Both families agreed for the marriage from past on year. They asked us to wait for my sister marriage. The next day me and my girlfriend got into fight which lead things ugly at his home. Now my family is not ready for marriage. They are telling She is not correct girl. I can�t go against the family . We have been like a wife and husband. She has anger issues . I used to understand her well now I can�t convince anymore and i don�t want o marry her . We were in physically relationship for 12 months. She�s changed and she can�t understand me well and I never been happy in relationship. I was only trying to convince himself for my peace of mind. Since my parents also knows abt her unstableness now i dont want to take changes to marry me and take her burden since caste gonna be major issue . What will happen if she files case against me & my father along with newly marrried sister. How can I save myself and family. Should I go court and try telling the issues we had . How can I defends myself

Learning

41 Replies

(Guest)
I wanted to marry her and build a family. Now she fought with me on my sisters marriage. Now my relatives knows abt her anger and unstabless . I�m unable to control my relatives since they r telling she�s not the correct girl for my family.

Shashi Dhara   15 June 2019

As marriage has not conducted if she goes to court then engage eminent advocate and defend the case.as she is not daughter in law to Ur parents what case can she file against them .don't be in imaginery world that if she does this type or that type.try to face consequences.

(Guest)
I�m scared of it . I have been with her physically for 12 months and my sister knew abt my physical relationship as well. She have all kind of photos and hotel bills to prove that she�s innocent. How can I help myself !

Shashi Dhara   15 June 2019

U have refused to marry her for her arrogance you also collect evidence of her arrogance nature.no one cud force u to marry her w ait for some time situation may clear.if she goes to court it takes yrs to end judiciary is not so speed.she may be hurry.but no one cooperates her.every thing depends on money ,muscle ,power etc etc.

(Guest)
Why would govt won�t cooperate a woman . Indian laws are favourable only for women. If she drag me to court . My job will go to toss also my father is govt employee. He will loose job too . Our reputation also will go and top of that my sis got married recently . It will affect to my sister new family also . Should I think all of this now ?

Shashi Dhara   16 June 2019

As u have not legallymarried no relationship has been created only live in relationship.on this ground they cannot take any action against ur parents or siblings they can take action against u only..contact eminent family advocate to clear Ur doubts.

(Guest)
Yes . I�m trying to get legal help . Am I spoiling a girl life ? Cz I involved her family and my family after knowing her caste Bt now things got bad . I�m unable to come to conclusion

prakash beske   17 June 2019

shashi dhara sir plz advice me also

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     21 June 2019

Originally posted by : Sandy
Yes . I�m trying to get legal help . Am I spoiling a girl life ? Cz I involved her family and my family after knowing her caste Bt now things got bad . I�m unable to come to conclusion

Am I spoiling a girl life ?

You have already done it.

Why would govt won�t cooperate a woman . Indian laws are favourable only for women. If she drag me to court . My job will go to toss also my father is govt employee. He will loose job too . Our reputation also will go and top of that my sis got married recently . It will affect to my sister new family also . Should I think all of this now ?

my father is govt employee. He will loose job too

He will be just place dunder under suspensionif he spends 48 hours in lock up.  No pension/gratuity if not acquitted before retirement.  SInce dowry demand (even before marriage) is a professiona misconduct for govt employee and eptt can take action without waiting for court verdict and can even dismiss him from service if the merits so demands.

There is a need for you to jump out of some misconceptions.  The facts is that

1. You cannot be compelled to marry her  thatcertainly does not mean taht no action can be taken against you and your family.
  • You an upper cast person (atleast appearing from given facts) emjoyed a SC girl for the 12 molnths and delayed marriage on the pertext of sister's marriage.  Your family was in full connivance with you (inclduing the siter recently married) Now suddenly  after sister's marrige she is arrogant and what not your entire family is now agains tthis marriage.  Please convince yourself

.                            (i) whether you are refusing to marry her due to low dowry offer (which she may allege and   will be hard to defend). The entire family awaits trial u/s 498a.(bailable)

(ii) whether you are now compelled to refuse to marry her because now your entire family met her in the marraige of sister and seen that she is SC.  Then entire family awaits trial under SC/ST Act (non-bailable)

• In either of the above cases rape charge (non-bailable) is sharp against you and your entire family can be accused of being abettor.

still you cannot be compelled to marry her.

Originally posted by : Sudhir Kumar

my father is govt employee. He will loose job too

He will be just place dunder under suspensionif he spends 48 hours in lock up.  No pension/gratuity if not acquitted before retirement.  SInce dowry demand (even before marriage) and practicing untaouchbility is a professional misconduct for govt employee and deptt can take action without waiting for court verdict and can even dismiss him from service if the merits so demands.

(Guest)
Should I convince to get married to her or face the consequences?? Which is good for my family since I have 2 cousin sisters , if I go to jail will it effect to them?? Pls give me fair thing to do . Usually what would somotehr guy do ?

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     24 June 2019

Should I convince to get married to her or face the consequences?? Which is good for my family since I have 2 cousin sisters , if I go to jail will it effect to them?? Pls give me fair thing to do . Usually what would somotehr guy do ?

I have 2 cousin sisters , if I go to jail will it effect to them??

How you can be doubtful about dark future of your unmarried cousine and married sister.  Your family has repaed a misery and you have to harvest.  You have to choose lessor evil.

Chances are very less for you going to jail alone.  It is going to be a family outing.

You have to live with this truth even if it hurts you..

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register