Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Hemant Grover (Manager)     20 July 2014

Mutation and free hold after parents are deceased

Hello,

We want to apply for mutation and free hold of our parental property post our parents' demise. We are 6 siblings and have undergone a relinquishment deed in favor of eldest one.

Now to apply for mutation and free hold we have been requested to provide a proof of relationship for all legal heirs i.e. of all six siblings. Apparently, one of my sister do not possess any relationship proof because post her marriage all her documents bear her husband's name.

First, do all legal heirs have to show proof of relationship?

Second, how could we provide proof of relationship in accordance to scenario explained above?

Thanks in advance for all help and support.

Learning

2 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     20 July 2014

You may obtain a legal heirship certificate from the local revenue department mentioning the names of all legal heirs to your deceased father.  This certificate will be sufficient to proceed with the application for mutation of property records with the concerned authority.  Don't gt confused with any other issue in this regard.

Anand Bali Adv. (Advocate Solicitor & Consultant)     23 July 2014

Agreeing to the advice of Adv Kalaisevan, here by I would like to submit a another less expensive and less time taking exercise You should apply to the SDM Office of your area for the Surviving Member Certificate fo your deceased father It will include names of all living members with their respective addresses and occupation as on date, for this you submit an affidavit declaring all the family members of the deceased father with their Names , Addresses , relationship and Occupation and after a due inquiry con ducted by his own staff members he will issue a Surviving Member Certificate which will serve all the purposes as per your present need . 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register