LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Moving abroad after divorce

I am already divorced on grounds of cruelty from my wife. The court ordered a very high maintenance which I am not able to maintain because of my joblessness. I am planning to go abroad, while OP have already put up execution in the lower court. What are my options? Should I go abroad for a job, or if I stay here and fight, are there any chances that I may not be arrested on this account. I have two children, and both are with her. I have no property against my name. Thanks.

Learning

5 Replies

(Guest)

Thanks Om Prakash Ji. Someone was suggesting that these days they cancel passports even after one has landed there. Is it true?

(Guest)

Correction. There are full chances of my arrest if I stay here, because I didn't appeal against the lower court order. How far is it true.

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     13 December 2018

You don't have money to pay for Alimony and maintenance ordered by the wife but have money to travel and stay out of India. If you mention this in Family Court, the presiding judge will not take much time sending you to civil jail if you fail to clear your dues immediately. Best course for you is to pay partial amount and take time for rest of payment, that will be allowed and you get time to clear the dues.
1 Like

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     13 December 2018

You don't have money to pay for Alimony and maintenance ordered by the wife but have money to travel and stay out of India. If you mention this in Family Court, the presiding judge will not take much time sending you to civil jail if you fail to clear your dues immediately. Best course for you is to pay partial amount and take time for rest of payment, that will be allowed and you get time to clear the dues.

(Guest)

Dear Vijay Sir,

Thanks for your time to give me reply. Its not a question of money. I am not going to just run away like that, though. Since I am not getting any offers in India, looking to abroad was one option. I just wanted to ask you as an expert, are there any complications regarding my passport cancellation once I go there. Second, is it mandatory for me to inform the court before going there?

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register