Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vani (Office Manager)     27 November 2014

Mou or agreement to sell ?

Dear Sirs,

I am a resident of Delhi and interested in selling our house. However, I am confused between an MOU and an Agreement to sell. The prospective buyer has sent me a document that is titled MOU but is not as simple as I expected.

Please tell me if I need to make a simple 2 page MOU with all payments in black and white?

What is the normal process? Should I make an MOU, Agreement to sell and then sale deed?

Basically im confused between an MOU and agreement to sell.

Learning

2 Replies

ROHIT SHARMA (Legal Advisor )     27 November 2014

1. Well, there is no much difference between a M.O.U. and agreement to sell. The terms and conditions are what are to be decided. The sale deed is made after such execution of agreement to sell (M.O.U.) and the terms are settled . If you have such draft given to you and if  you need it to have it vetted by this lawyer please get my contact details by clicking my name shown in the L.H.S. margin of this reply format. 

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     27 November 2014

I would suggest to add in your so called M.O.U. in a clause that in case seller will back out from deal then seller will return the token amount paid by buyer along with equivalent amount as penalty. Agreement to sell or M.O.U is irrelevant. But what I suggested clause is more important in any document. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register