LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sharath Kumar   03 June 2016

Motorbike accident

Hello Experts- Need some suggestion on this please... one of my friend met with an accident in 2014. He was riding a motorbike and a gentlemen in a cycle who was in front took a sudden right without checking/ signalling. As a result he fell on the bike and my friend also fell on the road. Later cycle person was shifted to hospital for treatment and after 4 or 5 days its unfortunate & very sad that cycle person passed away. After couple of months my friend got to know about the case of insurance being settled out of court and the charges against him is 279, 304A. Since then he is going to court whenever he has been given the date and nobody else is coming.

Please let me know what would happen in this case...

Learning

3 Replies

adv.bharat @ PUNE (Lawyer)     03 June 2016

The charges against ur friend need to clarify. Plz tell ur friend to consult local lawyer for relief.

Sharath Kumar   03 June 2016

Thank you Bharat, he has lawyer hired. The thing happening is my friend is appearing in court for every hearing and there is no witness/ family members of the decesed is coming to court. What is the probability of this case... please suggest...

Pawan S (Advocate)     03 June 2016

An individual who is driving or riding holds the ultimate obligation to control his vehicle. Such a person is prima facie guilty of negligence if his vehicle dashes into something or someone unless he has reason to explain that he did everything in his ability to prevent the vehicle under control but the accident was inevitable.

In this sheath as the soul has exited, the criminal case will attract Section 304A of the Indian Penal Code, which provides for offences pertaining to death due to negligence.

The State has to prove that the accident took place with accuse’s bike and accuse were ramming the same rashly and negligently. In such cases the statements of the eyewitnesses (if any) to the accident is required to be produced during the trial. It is likewise to be established, that the deceased was not at any fault

Here are some suggestions.

• Please make certain you sustain a sound lawyer.

• Do update yourself regularly with the status of the sheath.

• Check & discuss the documents and arguments that your lawyer wishes to present at court. 

• Also, get a copy of the FIR and make sure the details entered in it are accurate, especially license plate number, date and time of incident, date and time of death, name and age of victim, location of accident and death, if the victim was distracted or was carrying a phone, if the driver/victim was on the phone, under the influence of alcohol or drugs, etc.

No valuable suggestion can be expressed until I recognize the current position of the sheath in details.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register