Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ashim Sen (Jr Technical Officer)     01 April 2013

Motor accident and eve-teasing

Respected Sir,

My wife, son and my sister in law were coming back home after dropping me at Railway station at 5:00 pm. 4-5 men who were heavily drunk, in a Maruti Van not only passed lewd comments but also tried to put in their hand inside the window of our car while trying to overtake our car from the wrong side. When my wife shouted at those men, they banged their vehicle into our vehicle in an effort to intimidate my family, thereby badly damaging our car. Two passerby tried to chase the Maruti Van but in vien.

The police traced out the vehicle and the men admitted to their crime as the Police told me. FIR was registered under Sections 279, 427, 509 and 34 of the IPC. But the court issued us a summon for witness to be presnt at the court on 06 April 2013, only under Sections 279 and 427 of the IPC.

I was told by the Insurance people that since the damage to my car is so much that I have to pay almost 50% of the amount from my pocket, considering the depriciation value calculated on plastic and other parts. Moreover I will lose the No Claim Bonus which I had been getting since last 06 years. So I got the vehicle repaired at my own cost and presented the bill of Rs 23,000 to the Police station.

My questions to the elite panel are :
1) How would I claim the amount of Rs 23,000 from opposite party / their insurance company ?

2) Why have the Sections of 509, 34 dropped by the Police without even consulting the victims ??

3) What other things should be kept in mind in hearinh of the case as I am a layman to court procedures ???

Kindly reply at the earliest as the csae hearing is on 06 April 2013.

Thanks & Regards,

Ashim Sen

Learning

7 Replies

Naresh Kudal (none)     01 April 2013

File a separate suit for damages under law of torts.

Naresh Kudal (none)     01 April 2013

File a separate suit for damages under law of torts.

Ashim Sen (Jr Technical Officer)     03 April 2013

Dear Mr Naresk Kudal,

Thank you for your reply.....What is this 'law of torts' ??? and would you be kind enough to answer my questions point by point as specified above.

Thanks & Regards,

Ashim Sen

Hasnain Patel (Partner)     03 April 2013

My son was driving in the extreme right lane at 40 km/hr on a Sunday at churchgate when a man ran across the road where there was no pedestrian crossing.

He suffered multiple fracture of the right limb as a result of the injury. My son called an ambulance and transported him to hospital in an ambulance paid for by him.

He also called the relatives of the injured and informed them about the accident. The police from the Churchgate chowki summoned the police van and he was taken to hospital witha compound fracture tibia fibula and a fracture shaft of femur.

Now he is being prosecuted under 270 and 338 of the IPC while the injured is NOT being prosecuted at all!! This is not justice. If I was at a shooting range and a person walks into the target area, who is too blame?

How does one proceed in this case. All help is appreciated

Prashant Agnihotri (Lawyer)     30 August 2013

Why your son is prosecuted?,Dear,If your son has valid driving licence & proper vehicle insurance policy,then nobody can prosecute your son

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     29 September 2013

criminal case is there.  you have to file MACT case to recover cost from them or their insureres.  Since they were drunk in all probability their insurance company will deny liability.

lingraj maradi (advocate)     04 October 2013

sir

you have approach motor vehicle tribunal and file MVC case against the other vehicle if the driver of the other vehicle are drunk then the insurance company not liable to pay the damage then the court shifting the liability on the owners head than you recover the same from the owner.

thanks

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register