Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Avtar Singh (Team Lead)     18 September 2014

Mothers name

Hi,

My Name is Avtar Singh, I have recently applied for passport, everything went pretty well when officer told me that my mothers name is different in school certificate and my birth certificate, now situation is that my own mother died moments after i was born, then my father went for second marriage, and now i am in a big mess, where i do not have my mothers death certificate neither second marriage certificate of my father, so please people help me out, does that mean that i can never have a passport, please advice.

Learning

3 Replies

Adv. Chandrasekhar (Advocate)     18 September 2014

No Sir.  You will certainly get passport.  Talk with Passport authorities and they will explain you that how to file an affidavit narrating all these facts.  Even after that if you face any problem with passport authorities, the remedy lies to file writ in High Court.

Asit Das (law officer)     18 September 2014

IF THERE IS NO CERTIFICATE, THEN AS PER LAW YOU HAVE TO FILE SOME AUTHENTICATED DOCUMENTS OF GOVT. AUTHORITY TO PROOF THE SAME, LIKE AFFIDAVIT FROM JUDICIAL MAGISTRATE OR EXECUTIVE MARISTRATE OR ANY OTHER AUTHORITY OR OTHER MEANS.

ASIT DAS, ADVOCATE, NEW DELHI

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     26 September 2014

If mother's name is found to be changed in the birth certificate to that of the school certificate, what is your answer for that?, why did it change? whether your father changed your mother's name and has given step mother's name in the school certificate?, generally only father's name will be her in the school certificate, from where did you did you get this idea?, are you posting an academic query? If what you have posted is fact, you can give an affidavit affirming the circumstances for the change in the name along with the passport application duly attested by an executive magistrate.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register