Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

subhadipmalakar   29 December 2014

Mother's surname in child's birth certificate

Hi All,

I am a father of 7 month old baby boy and we, both the parents wish to keep my and my wife's surnames to his name. We have applied for a birth certificate giving the same. But the health officer of the respective municipality refused add mother's surname to baby's name and stated that this is not legal so, they can not add this. only father's surname can be kept. We showed them many reference that reflects that the babies got both parents' surname. But they are not ready to issue such kind of birth certificate. I insisted them to refuse it in writing since I applied for the birth certificate in writing. But they did not turn up to this.

As far as, I know that surname / last name of father or mother or both parents can be added to the child's name. But I can not find the relevant link to prove this which could help me a lot to fight for this. It will be great if some one can help me with the actual rule and a relevant link to show them and also a legal way to get it done.

Thank you in anticipation,

Best,

Subhadip

Learning

1 Replies

BHUWAN RAJ 09839268489 (lawyer)     17 March 2015

Dear

Send a representation by speed/registered post and then apply a RTI on the same. U will get a proper legal reply in wrting. There r possibilties that they might issue u a correct certificate.

Regards

Bhuwan Raj, Adv

Cell: 09839268489

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register