LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

mg_explorer (job)     27 January 2018

Mother's last name in child's birth cert. after divorce

My sister got divorced and got the custody of her daughter from court. We got my sister's surname changed in all her documents, but her daughter's birth certificate has her marital surname. Her school management has suggested getting it changed so that it matches my sister's legal documents. Should we get it changed as well? If yes then could someone suggest the process? If we keep it as it is then is there a possibility of getting any problems in the future? Thanks in advance.

Learning

11 Replies

Sachin (N.A)     27 January 2018

Originally posted by : 12345678
My sister got divorced and got the custody of her daughter from court. We got my sister�s surname changed in all her documents, but her daughter�s birth certificate has her marital surname. Her school management has suggested getting it changed so that it matches my sister�s legal documents. Should we get it changed as well? If yes then could someone suggest the process? If we keep it as it is then is there a possibility of getting any problems in the future?

Thanks in advance.

First your destroyed the life of the child by keeping her away from her father now you are conspiring that child would not know her father name also..

Shame on you. 

Once the child will grow and she get to know about your inhumane behaviour she will definatley teach her mother a good lesson.

Karma comes after everyone eventually

Mr. Sachin,

I don't know who you are and how intellectual you are, but I would advise two things to you:

1. Don't judge anything without knowing the whole story

2. Make it a habit to read and read again to confirm your first understanding of the matter, else join english improvement classes

Because, one you don't know the background and two, you have misinterpreted my question. We are not trying to change/remove father's name. We just want to confirm if my sister's marital last name in my niece's birth certificate needs to be changed because her (my sister's) last name has been changed in all her legal documents like Aadhar card, Passport, etc.

Let my try to explain with an example - suppose my sister's name before marriage was Sita Dyal; after marriage it became Sita Khosla; when my niece was born her birth was registered and in the certificate my sister's name is Sita Khosla. Then she got divorced and all her legal documents changed back to Sita Dyal. In this case, should we change her name in my niece's birth certificate also?

I hope this time it's more clear.

I can join english classes to improve my understanding, What class will your sister join to improve her lifestyle so she can adjust with people around her instead of getting  divorce? 

You can change your sister's surname because there is no relation between her and her ex. 

But child still is daughter of her father. 

Do not conspire to remove fathers name or surname in her documents,

Originally posted by : 12345678
Mr. Sachin,

I don't know who you are and how intellectual you are, but I would advise two things to you:

1. Don't judge anything without knowing the whole story

2. Make it a habit to read and read again to confirm your first understanding of the matter, else join english improvement classes

Because, one you don't know the background and two, you have misinterpreted my question. We are not trying to change/remove father's name. We just want to confirm if my sister's marital last name in my niece's birth certificate needs to be changed because her (my sister's) last name has been changed in all her legal documents like Aadhar card, Passport, etc.

Let my try to explain with an example - suppose my sister's name before marriage was Sita Dyal; after marriage it became Sita Khosla; when my niece was born her birth was registered and in the certificate my sister's name is Sita Khosla. Then she got divorced and all her legal documents changed back to Sita Dyal. In this case, should we change her name in my niece's birth certificate also?

I hope this time it's more clear.

So, as per your own example when surname in birth certificate is KHOSLA. Then why do you want to change it in records of your niece's documents.

Let it be KHOSLA, because her identity is from her own birth certificate 

I never thought I will come across such an idiot on this forum. I thought I would get expert legal advise here, but didn't know there are such people as well who don't respect others privacy and dignity.

Whole world is idiot except you and your sister who was not able to adjust with her husband .

I don�t know about the whole world, but YOU ARE, FOR SURE; you are proving it with every message.

I don�t know about the whole world, but YOU ARE, FOR SURE; you are proving it with every message.

Vijay (Executive)     28 March 2018

Sachin, your view were not required on someone's personal decision. If you can help, please do, if not you can skip the question.

I think you are trying to co-relate situations that went wrong in your personal case. If that is the case, she has done the right thing.

KISHAN DUTT KALASKAR (Advocate)     29 March 2018

Dear Sir/Madam,

Since your case is complicated case as such I require documents and same may be send to my email/PM (personal mail) for detailed legal advise.

With regards,

Legal Expert

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register