Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Raymond Dias   11 February 2016

Money lender problem

Dear Lawyers,

I am facing a unique problem not because of me, but because of my brother in law. My brother in law had taken loan from money lenders for his bussiness, which suffered loss and now he cannot pay up, the money lenders had come to my brother in laws place to ask for money and do so every now and then , they threathen him through calls, it is not a small amount but nearly 60 lakhs. My only concern here is my Sister and her small son who is suffering for no fault of hers, she had to face the wrath of bad words from the money lender. The money lenders have even started to come to my house. My brother in law needs time to payup , though he has a good job, but 60 lakhs is still a huge amount for him and he needs time to pay up. Also my brother in law is never open in talking about what he has done, my only concern here is how do i save my sister and her son as i do not trust my brother in law anymore whether he is in more deeper sh*t. I am fearing for her safety.

Please let me know what can be done in such cases. I need suggestions.

Learning

2 Replies

SIVARAMAPRASAD KAPPAGANTU (Retired Manager)     11 February 2016

It is not clear from your query as to where your Sister and Kid are living ie. the ownership of the house where they live. Is property in the name of your Brother in law or in the name of your sister or is it a rented house.

If the house is in the name of your Sister, a Police Complaint can be filed against the Money Lenders for harassing and disturbing her by sending recovery agents who are using bad language etc. and take an order preventing them to visit the house and make threatening phone calls.

If the house is not in the name of your Sister, you may relocate your Sister and kid to a place where the goons sent by the money lenders cannot trace her.  In case they are threatening you, you can very well file a police complaint against the people who are bothering you and also against their employer with Police.

Raymond Dias   12 February 2016

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your reply, in the past days i have noticed the situation is more worse than before, the house they are currently staying is my brother in law's house, he has not given his address while doing this bussiness infact he gave this address , though my sister is no longer linked to my house her name is removed from my house ration card, infact he has used by Sister's signature in doing these bussiness though not all from his talks, but somehow my sister is linked in his bussiness which went on loss, now the money lenders have started calling my father and asking money from him, my father is very tough so he can handle their bad words and that stuff. But problem here is he has linked my Sister in his bussiness by taking her signature without telling her the actual fact.
I want to somehow get my sister out of this mess, she is just 30 and has plenty of life ahead , i dont care about this brother in law let him suffer his fate which he has himself dug.

I want to get my sister out of this mess, please give me more suggestions.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register