Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sunaina (house wife)     30 July 2015

Molestation-Witness needed for domestic violence?

Good Evening,

Firstly allow me to Thank Taj-Ji once again, for showing me the way to go...I was pretty lost, and no lawyer had a clue how to go about it.

Now my query is to all those seniors, if I may not sound too rude, and I am going to keep my emotions aside as told...

A domestic violence case has been registered for-

1. Molestation of my daughter, by my sisters husband, at a tender age, in school
  2. I was struggling to make ends meet, she was with my family, she was molested which led to major psychatric issues as she matured.
  3. when I informed my family in later years, and said I would file a case, due to family fights, somehow they managed to keep my fragile daughter behind, and i went into depression.
  4. My brother beat her so black and blue she lost her mental stability further. he and my family did not take her to doctor, she came to sucidal point then they informed me.
  5. now the case going on since two years is, on bro in law, bother and my father having abused her verbally, shaming her further.
  6. have proof of beating
  7. molestation her mental state shows, her medical history for past 7 years. she is mature now, molested at age 11.

*******Childhood molestation has no meaning on earth? Is it not mental and emotional rape? what if me as a mother came to know of it in later years, are we to suffer for that? let the criminal let go?

Now my questions-

1. In court I was asked if I was witness to molestation, I was not there, i was struggling to make life. HOW grave is this point? for molestation one needs a witness? I mean what is domestic violence? how is this going to impact? if I was witness why whould I allow it? Their lawyer said, you were not there as a witness of the incident, how have you stood as a witness?
  2. Now that domestic violence case is in process, can I regiter another case on my brother for attempt of murder? or its too late, as police fir is required in time? we have crossed two years after the incident.
  3. I was in different town, daughter in different town. When my daughter reached me after the beating incident, her health was so fragile, that it took me a long time to bring her to balance, as soon as she did i registered the case.
  4. how does court see victims of molestation? do they seek witness?
  5. I have no friends and family, I was new to india, i was clueless of laws etc here...

Any Legal authority/Lawyer having insight to molestation in childhood, Judgements or insight? How do you nail the person who has done molestation in childhood, which gradually erupts into mental issues?

Please help, and please, from my previous experience, I have seen some lawyers throwing crude remarks, please do understand there is a human, a mother fighting for her daughters dignity, it hurts.If you cant help, dont leave crude responses, I implore!

Thank You

Suniana.

Learning

1 Replies

sunaina (house wife)     31 July 2015

Help please? Any court judgements that has supported such kind of case? Case Judgement please? Here we all are searching for it, your strength and insight would help.Thank You.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register