LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Amit J (Direc)     27 November 2014

Mistake in survey no/ correction deed

Hi, I had purchased a flat as a second owner in a society in 2006. Now I am trying to sell that flat and had already agreed with a third buyer. However, the buyers lawyer in his search report has mentioned that in the agreement between Builder and first owner in 1999, there was been a typing error in the survey no.. (eg: the survey no is actually 64/1/1 + 4a +5b however in the agreement they have mentioned 64/1/1 +4a + 5a by typing mistake.)

The original survey no. is on records of every legal department including corporation, electricity board, registrar etc except the agreement where there was typing mistake between builder and first owner. Also in my subsequent agreement with first owner, the survey number is correct.

The society is also registered and the survey number of society is also correct and I have a share certificate and NOC from society that the flat is on the original or actual land. 

Now their lawyer has suggested a correction deed as solution however, the first owner is not traceable after trying and secondly we don't know if he will take time for a correction deed as he at least doesn't stay in the same city as per address in the agreement.

So what options do I have other than correction deed? Does passage of time and subsequent documents like PMC, REGISTRAR, SOCIETY RECORDS ETC not rectify this mistake? What other options do I have? 

Please help. Thank you for any replies!

Learning

1 Replies

RAJA SEN (manager maintenance & utility)     27 November 2014

Dear sir

my father in law had purchased one plot of 2000 sq ft at Bilashpur in Chhatishgar. Now he is 75 year old and want to sold his property, in checking we found khasra number of plot is wrong in property paper. Requested to advice and suggest correct procedure for its rectification so that we will take the proper channel.

your reply will be highly appreciated.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register