LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Saket Das   28 October 2016

Mistake in sub-caste

There is a spelling mistake in the sub-caste in the caste certificate.What is the procedure for getting it corrected as soon as possible?

Learning

6 Replies

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     29 October 2016

Not a legal query

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     29 October 2016

The simple answer is point out the spelling mistake to the authority that issued the certificate and pray for rectification and obtain a fresh /rectified certificate.

dr g balakrishnan (advocate/counsel supreme court)     29 October 2016

when there is no caste as such how come some sub caste idea is tenable.

dr g balakrishnan (advocate/counsel supreme court)     29 October 2016

Idea of caste is just imaginary as there is no mark on your body to certify your caste as such biologically or by medical examinations, when so why so one runs after so called caste ideas, caste is just based on division of labor , i wrote an article that has appesred on this portal itself , read gentlemen. regards

Saket Das   29 October 2016

Thanks everyone for your valuable comments.But sorry to say that I just wanted a simple answer to my question. Not to make the topic complicated, sorry for bothering you. 

To G.L.N. Prasad, Sir I wanted to know if I should apply afresh or is it possible to rectify it directly. Sir, different lawyers are suggesting different procedure. Some are telling that it would take almost three months to correct it. But Sir, for a one-word mistake isnt it possible to rectify it within a short span?. I would be obliged Sir, if you reply to my message. Thank You.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     29 October 2016

Perceptions differ. I do not think that it is a legal problem.  It depends on your follow up.  First make a peresonal visit and have one to one talk with concerned employee.  You know how you can make the file move and need no detailed explanation.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register