Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Maneesh Agarwal (Employed)     09 October 2011

Missing/lost property documents

Dear Sir,

My father-in-law and his brother are planning to divide a shopping complex in Agra, which is jointly owned by them. The property documents were with the brother of my father-in-law. Now he claims that documents are missing which were available few months back. Kindly let me know the procedure before we apply for the duplicate documents from sub-registrar's office. Is there any possibility of misusage of those documents?

-Maneesh Agarwal

Learning

3 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     09 October 2011

It cannot be misused because if he wants to pledge to any bank for the loan he has to get the signature of your father because the property is joint property, moreover without the consent of another joint owned.

There is one chance if the signature is forzed then anything can be done.

M. A. Khan (advocate)     09 October 2011

i do not agree with rajeev.  the original documents can be misused ever without ur father in laws sig.  u should ask said brother about any police complaint made police regarding missing of documents. if u doubt, than file a case and bring injunction so that he cannot misuse it.

1 Like

ajay sethi (lawyer)     09 October 2011

yes i agree with Mr khan . if original documents have been lost has your father in law brother lodged any police complaint . if no police complaint lodged some thing is fishy .

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register