LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Simmi   30 September 2015

Minor road accident blackmail

I have been learning driving for 1 month at a local driving school and will be getting my learner licence for driving in 4 days. 3 days back i was driving my fathers car with him sitting beside me for practicing( my father has a valid driving licence and my car has the "L" sticker on the front and the back of the car and the town we live in has no traffic rules and regulations as people drive from both sides even on a one way) and a college guy came from the right side despite of me giving him a horn to stop and let me pass and my car hit the back wheel of his bike. There were no injuries and the only damage was that a footrest of his bike was broken and my car has got a scratch. The traffic constable at the scene saw that there was no serious casualties and told us to resolve the matter among us.My father asked the guy and 10 of his friends (who were trying to send the constable away to get money from us)who had sourrounded us to go to a garrage with us and take the money required for repairing the bike. After a lot of arguments (during which they also forced my father into giving them his visiting card) we went to a nearby garrage with them and the mechanic told my father that only the footrest was broken so my father gave the guy Rs.2000 and we left. Since that night the guy has been calling my father continuosly and threatening to file an FIR if we dont pay him 15000-20000,my father told him that if he feels that there are any furture damages in the car then he wil pay through third party insurance but the guy is still threatening that he wants cash. Its been 3 days and the guy has been harrassing and blackmailing us for money and my father is scared because i dont have a learner license.

What should we do?

Please help

Learning

2 Replies

Adv. Digvijay R Singh (ADVOCATE-PRACTICING)     30 September 2015

first file a written complaint to police station ASAP 1 cant ask for money in this fashion no FIR will be accepted by police

saravanan s (legal advisor)     02 October 2015

just tell him to do whatever he wants and you will face it.he cant do much.if he still calls you and threatens then file a case as told by above expert

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register