Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vishal (Sales)     04 May 2013

Mental torture by wife and inlaws

Dear Legal experts

I have been married since 2012 with no Children I have my job in a forigen country. My wife lives in a Posh Locality in Mumbai I am from a Suburb. AT the time of marriage, my parents were staying in a Rented Flat as our building was under redevelopment. My wife was not willing to stay with my parents as she wanted a separate room for herself and was throwing tantrums. They came and saw the house and we also told them that after redevlopment we will buy a two bedroom Flat so that my wife can have a separate room for herself. This was initially agreed by her later on she disagreed.

When i had been on a leave to Mumbai, I was staying in my wifes place and suddenly we had a heated arguement over the house which expolded to a ful fledged arguement between two families, i was being held hostage, my Mobile phone was confisticated, my parents were called late in the night at 12am. My wife wants to take the share from my fathers property and Buy a house in her name in Mumbai under the pretext of avoiding tax. I even told i will take a loan and buy the house which she disagreed and is pressuring me to take the share once the house is ready. They threated to call women Members from a Political party which is always famous for voilence and vandalism, (as one of the MLAs stay in their Building)  + their contacts in Police + one of their relatives who is a Vice Admral in the Navy + one of the relatives who is a Beauraucrat in Delhi. Plus my sister in Law also threatned to use her HI FI contatcs against US. We are a very simple family with no much relatives and all our relatives have backed off and we are defenceless. They even recorded the conversation which we had during that day.

There are no male members in my wifes family as her mother is Divorcee and my SIL is unmarried.

How we have got our house and everyday I am being pressured and tortured mentally and have reitrated their Threat.

Please help us as to what I can do as I feel i am being hijacked and my Family is in a panicky state. I never expected this marriage to turn into a nightmare.

Learning

3 Replies

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     04 May 2013

Dear Vishal

first of all file a criminal complaint against all of them by your mother u/s 12 of Domestic violence act and get restraining order from the court.

secondly, send the infoemation cum complaint to netional women commission of india and Commissioner of Police regarding this matter, you can also file a criminal case against them for extortion and wrongful confienment.

Feel Free to Call

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     04 May 2013

Dear Vishal

first of all file a criminal complaint against all of them by your mother u/s 12 of Domestic violence act and get restraining order from the court.

secondly, send the infoemation cum complaint to netional women commission of india and Commissioner of Police regarding this matter, you can also file a criminal case against them for extortion and wrongful confienment.

Feel Free to Call

Krish_Helix (team leader)     05 February 2015

Hi ,
I am running out of an issues where i am recently married of 10 months old and it is an arrange marriage as per Hindu formalities. I have lived with my wife only 3 months and the rest of the months she was living only with her parents and they were taking her for saying all stupid reason of formalities and other religious belief. In the meanwhile, she was pregnant and the baby formation was not proper and it was advised to do Abort("ABORT") with doctors consultation and we did the procedure. Also, we have not registered the marriage so far.. we had many clash between the family since i tried making understand my inlaw that myself and my wife need to get understanding, they refused me a lot. In the begining of our marriage life, a soverign of gold has been missed out which we tried complaining in police station and they refused since they from a village not interested and post that they have taken back all the gold's and other stuff except the Kitchen items back to them without informing us. I tried many times to speak with my wife they are not allowing me to talk with her and giving me all fake reason that I have doubted in virginity by gods way we both enjoyed the love making which she has told myself, mother and my sister about some ladies things on doubts on Sexual activities how to proceed with me.They wanted me to step out of my parents and live with her daughter whereas i cannot do such things since my parents are very poor, they are asking me to send them to orphan. We guess based on this reason are they doing this kind of activites. we have tried with my family members to reach them and not allowing us to meet them. It's almost 7 months gone i have no contact with my wife and not allowing me to speak with her and they are threatining me to give some lakhs together money and other reason. I have some valid proof on this which i had a discussed with my father in law which i have not done any such kind of things..

Also, will this affect my professional career in future if this is going to be filled in family court or any other session. How to protect me in this and i need to live with my wife i know she loved me and they way me had given the same to her.

Please advise me on this .. i am from a middle class family and how to proceed this further and
either i need to live with her happily or need to come out of this in a mutual separation.

Since i know as per legal way now a days legally girls are adding value from government and like me many guys who are not doing any things facing lots of issues.

Please advise me waiting for your kind reply,

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register