Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sanjayauddy   28 March 2015

Mental harrasement by wife, seeking divorce

Dear Gurus,

I have been living seperately from my wife since 2009. My daughter is currently staying with her(she is 6 years old). We got married in 2004 and since then i have been mentally harrassed and physically assaulted by my wife. i was forced to leave my parents home and live with her seperately (away from my parents). In 2009 due to repeated assaults on myself and mental torture i was thrown out of my house and thus moved in with my parents.

I filed for divorce against which my wife has filed alimony case which we have been fighting since 2009. The divorce case is pending first hearing. (due in few months). Since 2009, my wife has started calling me and harrasing me over the phone and mentally torturing me and my parents..and sometimes barging into my parents home and threatening them (sometimes even over phone).

Since the law of the land (got married according to Hindu Special Act), is pro women when i went to the police to lodge a complain against the telephone threats given to me over the phone, the police did not take my complaint at the local police station. Since my daughter is also with her, she is having all the advantage to harrass me and my parents. 

In this event, me and my parents are both mentally traumatized. I had to leave my earlier job as she landed up in my office and tried to insult me (fortunately i was not available at that time). Since i do not have any evidence to state the mental and physical violence on me and my parents, we are living in agony trying to find a path to get divorce from this evil women.

Can anyone guide us what we can do to get divorce from her. We tried to talk, via some common relatives, to get her to agree for divorce but it failed. We will be really gratefull if someone helps us to show some light.

Thanks,

Learning

3 Replies

saravanan s (legal advisor)     28 March 2015

you record all her conversations with you and also your inlaws.if police are not ready to take the complaint then file complaint with the dcp/acp they will direct the sho of concerned ps to initiate action.insulting you in public places also amounts to cruelty and this occasion where shae barged into your previous workplace is one.try to arrange evidence for that.
if your parents home is not her shared household then your parents can file case u/s 441 for criminal trespass,sec 503 for criminal intimidation.

saurabhkrsharma   28 March 2015

according to law, you will be able now to seek divorce from his wife

sanjayauddy   25 October 2015

Guru's At the outset sorry for the late response... In my petition my lawyer suggested me to state that I was not working.. Since I blindly trusted him I agreed for this misplacement of facts...which now she can probably now use it against me. What shall I do now...shall I confess that I am working now..please can u suggest. Moreover I am not getting proper guidance is there any one whom I can contact personally who can assist mme and I can consult.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register