LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Raghavendra Rao P   18 September 2019

Mental harassment by employer at work

I am an Engineering graduate in the discipline of Computer Sc. Engg completed in 1994 from Bangalore University passed in first division. In 1996 my father was demised due to office pressures and tensions who was AAE in the erstwhile APSEB. On compassionate ground basis, in 1997 , I am appointed in APSEB as Sub-Engineer which is the least post in the Engineering cadre. I am forced and tortured to work in electrical posts since then even though i don't have the knowledge of electrical subjects in practical and theoretical. Moreover I have been not promoted to higher cadre since then as I do not possess electrical degree or diploma. Later APSEB is reformed as APTRANSCO, APGENCO, APCPDCL, APNPDCL, APSPDCL, APEPDCL. I had been never asked the option form to which company I can opt and they made me work in APCPDCL since then. In 2010, with a special request and consideration, in APCPDCL, I had been promoted as Asst.Engineer that too counted against AE Electrical. I had been promoted after 14 years of my service as sub engineer only and my juniors were promoted earlier than me as I am in not in their electrical seniority because I am not possessed vth electrical degree and I am computer sc engineering degree holder. In 2014, after states bifurcation as Telangana and Andhra Pradesh, I had been moved to APSPDCL with company decisions. Since then , I am working as Asst Engineer in non focal posts i.e., office posts as I am not electrical graduate and I am a computer sc engineering graduate. Juniors to me in the same cadres who ever possessed vth electrical degree are promoted to higher cadres like Asst Divisional Engineer and later as Divisional Elecl Engineers. I am kept in the same cadre since many years because I am computer sc engineering graduate and I am not an electrical engineering graduate.And my name is not kept in the seniority list of Asst Enginners. All these 21 years of my service, I had been working to the utmost satisfaction of my employer s. But working , with so much dissatisfied and depressed that I am being forced or tortured to work in focal posts like operation or distribution lists which is purely electral subjects involved theoretical and as well as practically. Now my boss since ten days he is torturing me to work in electrical posts like operation and distribution posts even though I do not have knowledge of electrical. In fact, as per indian electricity act, the engineer or supervisor working in electrical posts must possess electrical degree or diploma. Even though, I requested to management and my boss, they are least bothered about my request to post me in office posts. Recently, the chairman and managing director of APSPDCL has transferred me to corporate office to make me work at office post, my boss is not relieving me to go corporate office, instead which he is severely pressurising and torturing me all the time to work in field i.e., pure electrical subjects involved posts. It's almost 3 months, he is not relieving me instead which he is torturing me to work in field post under his control. In this connection I request experts , what can I do to relieve from the torture of my boss and see that I may work in office posts? Please help me in this regard... Any lawyer can take up my case and do justice to me plz? I want immediate action please...

Learning

4 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     19 September 2019

Do not complicate the issue, as nothing is permanent and just write a polite grievance  DO letter to Chairman.  Such litigation with employer never resolves the issues and employee will be subjected to more harassment.  You have taken the wrong choice in selecting a wrong stream  and fortunately employed with a PSU where atleast job is secured with a pension.  Forget the past, have no regrets and if possible meet the Chairman in person to explain your difficulties orally, as there may be one or two understanding superiors.

Raghavendra Rao P   19 September 2019

Thank you sir.

Raghavendra Rao P   19 September 2019

Thank you sir.

H.M.Patnaik (Proprietor)     19 September 2019

From your post what I gather that you have not sought suitable guidance inside your organisation throughout your service period.Currently , you are working as A.E. in APSPDCL. So, pl. find out from the service rule/manual of the company,if there is any provision under which you can get appropriate relief. Seniors in Estt./H.R. wing can be of help. In case , you donot find any way out, submit a representation stating appointment on rehab scheme, your edn. qualification,details of responsibilities entrusted,promotion granted and present predicaments alongwith documentary proof to the Chief Executive on the grievance day seeking prior written permission from your present reporting officer.In case of denial of opertunity for personal meeting,you can contact any experienced local lawyer dealing in service disputes for redressal of your grievances. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register