Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kadam (EA)     19 October 2012

Members insisting parking for their tenants

Dear Sir,

I am a resident and a Hon. Secretary of a 38 year old CHS in mumbai which falls under MCSA -1960.  Our society consists of 24 flats of which 5 flats have been rented by the original members as they moved to other places. One of the flat has been purchased by a couple (non residing member) who have bought this flat from an investment point of view 3 years back . They have rented this flat to a working couple.

The original member (non residing member)  now complains to me that i need to allot a parking space for his tenant as they find it difficult to get a parking on the road. In one of the AGM's all the members of the society had passed a rule that we will not allow any parking to the Tenants as our building being old has very little space which can accomodate only 12 cars in its premises and the same has been occupied by the members residing in the building.

Hence alloting a parking slot to one tenant is out of question and even if we consider it would trigger other residing tenants to demand for a parking slot. To avoid such merky situations, it was told to the Non-residing members that they need to inform their tenants that parking will not be alloted in the building premises.

The non residing member now comes up with stories saying that they are able to find decent tenants only if we are alloting them a car space. But, he cannot gaurantee the type of a tenant he would get, who would be fine to occupy the flat without a parking space. In short he is trying to say that he is not responsible for the kind of tenant that would occupy the flat if the managing committee does not allow parking space for his tenant as long as he gets his desired rent.

In such case i would like to know my course of action. In case if he manages to bring in a tenant who would cause a nuisance to the residing members of the society, what is the course of action i need to follow.

Regards,

kadam

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register