LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

John Pappan Kurian (Student)     04 December 2017

Medical malpractice and misdiagnosis

I recieved a wrong diagnosis medical report from a private hospital's mental health services department. This hospital belongs to a christian missionary group in Tamil Nadu. I just requested for a christian counselling and a MRI scan. The concerned medical practitioner wrongly termed it as mental illness ICD 10 without any valid tests. I reported the matter to medical superintendent but the response was not satisfactory. I wanted to know about the laws and procedures for dealing with these medical malpractices. Could you please help me with Indian laws regarding no objection certificate?

Learning

4 Replies

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     04 December 2017

For medical malpractice report to State medical council and for offence of cheating report to local police.

(Guest)

You show your head to some other doctor.

Take second opinion instead of banging your head with court case etc.

If you really dont have any work, then first write to the Chief Medical officer of that hospital.  Wait for reply.

Based on the reply, you can decide what to do next.

Next step is approaching Tamilnadu Medical Council with a complaint.  If you are not satisfied by their reply too, then you can think of approaching a advocate.

Eiterways it is waste of time to do all this.  If yo uhave a medical document in hand, be assured that it is a legally correct document.  Like thieves have bettered themselvs at stealing, doctors have also bettered themselves in not getting legally caught.  You can check.

(Guest)

When you are about to approach a advocate, make sure he is someoe more crooked than the doctor who misdiagnosed you, only then you can think of nailing a doctor.

vahid   06 December 2017

thanks for this great article.

54054. tehranmoshaver.net

5546. rrss.ir

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register