Remember | Register | Forgot Password?
Bookmark This Page   RSS Feeds  Follow On Twitter

Search for Lawyers          

Please Wait ..

Discussion > Civil Law > Consumer Protection > Medical Negligence   Unanswered Threads Post New Topic

Pages : 1

There are 9 Replies to this message

Rajan Kumar

[ Scorecard : 32]
Posted On 26 September 2010 at 02:37 Report Abuse

My mother's leg has been wrongfully amputated from the hip. Can anyone here please help me and post his telephone number as well so that i can talk to him/her. My email address is kumar4768@hotmail.com

Please read www.ramkrishnacarehospital.com and reply. Thanks a million to all in advance who would  like to help me.

Online certification courses in IP, IT and Social Media laws

N.K.Assumi I am Online

Advocate
[ Scorecard : 22189]
Posted On 26 September 2010 at 07:49 Report Abuse

File a suit for damages against the Doctor. The act of the doctor is nothing but a gross negligent and he will have no grounds to make his defence as his acts amount to departure from accepted medical practce .

Total thanks : 1 times

Nu.Delhi.Law.Fora.

Advocate-on-Record, Supreme Court of India
[ Scorecard : 1063]
Posted On 26 September 2010 at 08:22 Report Abuse

Dear Querist,

Pl send furnish details of facts involving medical negligence so that a case in your favour can be made out. According to me, as brief one-liner would suggest, you have a consumer case to be instituted against medical doctors on the basis of medical negligency.

Rabin Majumder
Advocate & Attorney
New Delhi

MOHAN ILAYARAJA

lawyer
[ Scorecard : 115]
Posted On 26 September 2010 at 10:42 Report Abuse

dear sir,

File a consumer complaint for medical negligence at your jurisdiction along with  a doctor's opinion on the present situation of your mother and gather all necessary details regarding the medical treatment given by the hospital ie. case history. for further clarification don't hesitate to mail me in mohan_adv@yahoo.co.in

Mohan ilayaraja

Advocate,

Pondicherry

adv. rajeev ( rajoo )

practicing advocate
[ Scorecard : 35395]
Posted On 26 September 2010 at 10:52 Report Abuse

Issue notice to the docto claiming the compensation for the negligence, but you may be very cautious because he may distroy all the case sheet.  So before issuing a notice try to takeall the case papers regarding treatment given by him etc., and also obtain the opinion of another doctor that leg is amputed because of the previous doctor's negligence.   To prove the negligence of the doctor you have to built up the case.

N.K.Assumi I am Online

Advocate
Posted On 26 September 2010 at 14:06 Report Abuse

Here the case is "Res Ipsa Loquitur" the facts speak for itself. As for example the disease was on the left leg but the doctor removed the right leg, as such the disease will remain on the left leg and even the left leg has to be removed now, so how come the doctor removed the right leg. There is no escape route for the doctor and the facts can be proved without any medical evidence, as for example failure to remove the swabs during operation resulting in death of the patient operated upon, prescribing an overdose of medicine resulting in ill effects. The pateint in such case need not even prove negligence nor by medical or expert evidence as Res Ipsa Loquitur applies.

Savinay Gupta

Sales Head
Posted On 27 September 2010 at 06:14 Report Abuse

My daughetr was admitted in delhi wth a World clss hospital for right hip bone dislcocation, aftera year we came to know tht the treatment given was not correct and her right femer and acetbulam distroyed compltetely making her 50% parmanent handicapp....

What can we do, we can't afford much cost for the case but won't mind sharing some kind of compensation.....Also want to teach a lesson to the dpctor.. she has to be on permanenet physiotherpoy and mutiple surgeries for her survival now

Plss help

regds

N.K.Assumi I am Online

Advocate
Posted On 27 September 2010 at 19:13 Report Abuse

The same yard stick or legal measures and principles apply to your case. This is why we in LCI have been harping on All India medical Club like our sisters club CA Club India, MBA Club India etc. Infact the two Clubs are heading far ahead of LCI. File a  case for damages against the doctor in Consumer forum or in ypur District Civil Court. All the best.

Nu.Delhi.Law.Fora.

Advocate-on-Record, Supreme Court of India
[ Scorecard : 1063]
Posted On 06 October 2010 at 00:07 Report Abuse

Dear Querist,

Attn: Mr. Savinay Gupta

This is indeed unfortunate that your daughter has been a victim of medical negligence and professional misconduct despite you having taken help of a World class hospital in Delhi. Since you are seriously aggrieved by negligent show of the doctors and the said hospital which has caused your daughter to a 50% grinding in her days to come, (since brief narration of events does not disclose necessary facts so as to preliminary opine on medical negligency and offer you strategic views to be taken in the matter), it appears that suitable consumer complaint is necessary to be filed in proper consumer forum asking for a compensation for medical expenses, negligence, your sufferings and agony and other pecuniary and non-pecuniary losses caused to all of you.

It is the law that  doctors/hospital were expected to have anticipated all possible future complications and should have kept adequate arrangement of all experts in the field ready otherwise it should not have undertaken patient as in your case.

It is therefore advised in order to hold the doctors and the hospital guilty jointly and severally for limited/unlimited negligence for lack of pre and/or post-operative care, you need to have all documents in place.

For information, I am also associated with PBTindia.com and their movements against such medical negligence and professional misconduct.

Trust this would suffice.

Regards

Rabin Majumder

Advocate & Attorney

For Nu.Delhi.Law.Fora

New Delhi

Savinay Gupta

Sales Head
Posted On 06 October 2010 at 11:25 Report Abuse

Dear Robin

thx for ur response. As am not from the law background, what i understand is tht i cn aproach the consumer forum.. Can u help me getting the things right?? if yes, pls give me ur contact info so tht cn take this forward

Regds

Saavinay

Related Files

Previous Thread
Previous
Next Thread
Next