Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

dhruv (other)     17 September 2013

Mediation in court which granted arrest stay????

My lawyer called to say that we have got arrest stay after FIR on us with 498a, DP3/4, 323, 504,506 in UP.

But he also said that there will be mediation in Allahabad high court as well. We are fighting DVC and have put RCR from our side in another state.

What is this mediation in HC if we have already got Arrest stay??????? Mediation is already going on in district court the state where we put RCR. So what is this new mediation for???

Learning

3 Replies

Manoj Kumar Jain (abc)     17 September 2013

Arrest stay upto mediation only, after failed mediation police free for taking action at own 

Sanjeev (Lawyer)     17 September 2013

Arrest stay is granted by court subject to some conditions that the petitioners will deposit the mediation charges those are partly paid to the complainant as their cost to visit the mediation centre. The mediation date would be conveyed to you or your lawyer at the appointed date you and the other party would appear before mediation centre they would try to resolve and make you both enter into a compromise. if a compromise is reached then if you comply with the terms of mediation the cases against you would be dropped in a agreed manner.

Non appearence of you would lead to cancellation of stay of arrest. The orders are self explanatory your lawyer would have mailed you the certified copies as that you would obviously need as that only prevents your arrest read it throughly to understand.

dhruv (other)     17 September 2013

What if mediation fails in HC after arrest stay as I expect? Can the police arrest me right after that or do they first they have to chargesheet me???? I will have to get bail then in local court then?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register