LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Raj   02 May 2016

Mcd query

Hi,This is Prem (33 years) here from Delhi.I would need your suggestion to move further:-

I  got married (Love Marriage)in 2008 and somehow due to my wifes temperamental difference and non compatibility we filed divorce on 1st Sep 2014.
-1st Hearing - Judge asked some more documents to file (Sep 2014)
-2nd Hearing - Date was given in Nov 2014 unfortunately Judge took Leave on that day ( Nov 2014)
-3rd Hearing -  Date was given 1st March 2015 and First motion was passed.

However we are already not staying since June 2012.Moreover,the date gets consideration from the day when join petition was filed in.So, Can my lawyer file Second motion now rather than waiting for Oct 2015 for Second Motion.

-Another Thing, As its a MCD, can my wife challenge the decree once it is passed?
-I have got my 6 years old son's custody as she was not a good mother, Can she make any chaos for kiddo in future.
-I have made one time settlement as Permanent alimony and got this clause in petition that there wont be any financial,property etc claim by petitioner 1 in future.I just want to ensure, can she still do something?
-I have got 4 page Judgement order but no where it is mentioned that how much amount i have paid to her, child custody and her visitation rights etc.When i checked with my lawyer he mentioned , In saket Delhi, the judgement order is very generic and it would have information about dissolution of marriage.The terms and conditions are mentioned in the draft which we(husband & wife) signed.I am not sure if it is correct?
-How does decree look like and does it have all information which we drafted with attestation from judge or any court authority.

You may recommend me any good lawyer ,if need id Saket court.

I appreciate your input.

Thanks,
Prem
NTPC- Asst. Director 

Learning

9 Replies

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     02 May 2016

Sir, 

Once the mutual consent petition is filed with the agreement mentioning all the points, the problem about child custody, financials should not arise. 

You can come and meet with all the documents since I practice in Delhi District Courts only. 

Warm Regards 

Kapil Chandna Advocate 

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     03 May 2016

Second motion date fixed for October 2015? How that is possible we're in 2016 now. As far filling for second motion is concerned that is after 6 months from the date first motion order made not from date of separation. As far changes in terms and conditions for divorce that can always be sought by either party before order for second motion is made, the right to withdraw consent exist with both parties and that they can do or bring fresh terms and conditions for continuation of their consent for divorce. I'm member Saket Bar Association and practice in Family Court,Saket, New Delhi.

Anand Bali Adv. (Advocate Solicitor & Consultant)     03 May 2016

1) The calculation of date for the second motion is from the date of order of the First motion and it has to be filed after six months to 18 months from that day, after which it automatically expires and when you cross the date period of Second motion you again have to file is from stage one.

2) Afetr the final decree of Divorce your wife can not challenge it, as it is an consented decree.

3) In case all the aspects of the future are well drafted and agreed uopn in the Memorandum of Understanding no party can go beyound it; unless untill, there is any non enforcebale clause in it which no prevailing law allowes to be enforced.

4) As you have paid one time Alimony on the record of the case there is no provision in Judgement to encorporate it since it has already been given and on it's basis only the decree has been granted. In case you want a record of its mentioning please apply for the whole case file verified copy from the court, you can get mentioning of your payments in that record. About Child's Custody and the Visiting rights of a parent also you both must have written in your MOU so there is no need of it to be mentioned in the Judgement. 

MCD is decreed only on the basis of the both parties mutual understandings of the present and future relations so that Judgement on the divorce based on it do not cover much of the areas concerned which already have been covered between the two parties.

Decree is Passed by Court and it bears the signatures of the presiding Judge with a date and seal that's all. Now a days Even in the High Court they do not use Court stamp on the back of the Final Judgement only the Verified copy of the Judgement is given as an original one in most of the cases.

For further legal assistance you can send me a PM (Personal Message) through this site.

Advise; always take assistance from an experienced and well educated Advocate of the field.

You well can see my credentials on my web site www.anandbaliandassociates.com ; plus at many other independent internet sites of India such as on  Pathlegal.in, LawyersclubIndia.com; Justdial.com; Kaanoon.com.; Lawsolva.com; Linkedin.com; Legalindia.com; Myadvo.com; Just Dial.com & Sulekha.com; plus many more .

Please visit  www.anandbaliandassociates.com
With Regards !!
Anand Bali, Adv.
(B.Com., M.A., LL.B., M.B.A.)
Supreme Court Of India

Raj   18 July 2016

Hi, Would it be possible to meet up to discuss further on 22july 2016 in person.

Raj   18 July 2016

Hi, Would it be possible to meet up to discuss further on 22july 2016 in person.

Raj   18 July 2016

Raj   18 July 2016

Raj   18 July 2016

Raj   18 July 2016

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register