LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rakesh Tripathi (Assistent)     15 March 2013

Maturity amount paid to unknown person

I have deposited 15000rs in Sahara India 5 years back and the sum was matured on feb 2013. When I contacted the branch for withdrawl of money company said that you have withdrawn the money 2 years back whereas I didn't withdraw the money.

what are the remedies available for me to get my money back please suggest.

shall I go to consumer court or move to LOK ADALAT.

I want quick and speedy remedy 

thanks.

Learning

3 Replies

Advocate Kishor Hajare (Advocate)     15 March 2013

You may contact to SEBI with your grivances.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     15 March 2013

You can submit your grievance through online.www.scores.com or call them these nos.18002667575, 1800227575

Kumar Doab (FIN)     15 March 2013

The SAHARA group company you are referring to is a NBFC or Para banking company???? Read the rules applicable to such companies carefully. There are reports that SAHARA is exiting from NBFC business. What is fate of Para banking is not known to us?

If the company is already closed then you may construe that it is making a pass on you and it shall be better to approach a lawyer and police ……..

Do you have the copy of original deposit receipt?

If yes declare the claim of company of refund as fake.

However issue a notice (which you can also issue) even if by email addressed to the BM of local office, office which has issued deposit receipt, MD, Chairman of the company and demand to make payment within next 7 days…

If the company yields to your demand and contacts you on phone ask them to supply you a written communication to this effect.

This time please take care that you obtain the acknowledgment under seal and signature of the competent employee of the company stating that it has received original deposit receipt for payment to you and obtain the payment on the spot.

If the company claims that payment shall be processed and sent later you may not handover the original deposit receipt and pull then to appropriate forum e.g. DCDRF, Court of law…..

Valuable advice of learned experts/members is sought.

https://articles.economictimes.indiatimes.com/2008-09-13/news/28381654_1_sahara-india-financial-corporation-nbfc-licence-sahara-group

Sahara arm relinquishes NBFC licence

ET Bureau Sep 13, 2008, 03.27am IST

MUMBAI: The Sahara group has voluntarily relinquished an NBFC licence that was held by a group company — Sahara India Investment Corporation (SIIC). SIIC is a company which does not raise deposits and is distinct from the group's flagship company Sahara India Financial Corporation which is registered as a residuary non-banking finance company (RNBC).

In a statement issued on Friday, RBI said that Lucknow-based SIIC has voluntarily exited non-banking financial business. "As such the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has cancelled, on August 11, 2008, the certificate of registration of SIIC for carrying on the business of a NBFC".

RBI guidelines on NBFC are attached.

Attached File : 355901006 nbfc 74617.pdf, 355901006 nbfc guidelines on loan by rbi cfpcr260312.pdf, 355901006 nbfc master circular 26mc020712fl.pdf downloaded: 137 times

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register