Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

DEEPAK DHINGRA   23 September 2016

Maternity leaves

Hi There,

Just wanted to check about Maternity leaves of 6 months which has been recently annouced by the goverment. Many companies in Delhi an NCR have made the official declaration about this change. However, in my organisation (Bank of America a.ka. Ba continumm india), whenever I try to ask this question to my HR partner, they have deny and do not give a concrete reply as to when the 6 month maternity leave would be applicable.

Since, wife is expecting and there is a very less time left. so would like to know, what exactly has been mandated by goverment and what can be done to against the company if required.

Thanks in advance.

Learning

2 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     23 September 2016

It is felt that assent is not granted and it is  not notified.

However the employer can provide superior benefits than the Act and can not provide inferior benefits.

Submit initimation and attach copy of DR's Rx shwoing tentative date of delivery.

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     26 September 2016

Currently, Foreign Banks and Private Banks etc are no tcovered by^6 months of Maternity Benefi tAct. Soon it would apply to all organizations. In US Maternity benefir  of 12 weeks is granted to female employees. Bank of America seems to be following the same rule a sfar as Maternity benefi ti concerned.If you appreciate this answer please click the thank you button on this forum.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register