LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ashwin Fernandes (Educator / Trainer)     08 August 2011

Marriage registration with foreigner

I am an Indian citizen (mumbai, India)  currently working and living in Malaysia for about 3 years. I intend getting married to a Malaysian citizen and want to register my marriage in India.

I would like to know how I can complete procedure in order to obtain the Marriage Registration Certificate.

I am a christian and my fiancee is Hindu.

A declaration of single status can be obtained for my finacee (if required) from the required authority (Commissioner of oath) in Malaysia.

We have been living away from our families for a few years and so we do not have a complete approval of our marriage from our families. However after careful consideration we have decided to go ahead with our marriage.

We are both currently in Malaysia, and due to the nature of our job it may be difficult for us to obtain long leave periods. Also due to the visa constraints for my fiancee, it may be difficult for my fiancee (Malaysian citizen) to enter the country (India) on multiple occasions (as per the visa rule, there has to be a gap of 60 days in order to re enter).

Considering the situation stated above, please let me know how you can provide assistance in order to complete the marriage registration in the fastest and the best possible way. I am willing to start the proceedings as soon as possible. 

I am willing to look at various options, which you may feel appropriate (considering the situation) and I am willing to bear the cost for the same, in order to complete the procedures in the quickest possible way.

replies and suggestions are sincerely appreciated

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register