Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

VenkataRamana (IT)     05 November 2016

Marriage registration

Hi , 

I am from south India  and am  planning to marry my mom's -- brother's daughter(Mardalu) which i believe is cross cousins and  as she is not under same gothra.I would become Bava to her  and its very common in South india , marraiges do happen between Bava - Mardalu

I have couple of questions 

1) Marrying Mardalu ie..Mamayas daughter is very common in South india .Why is it listed under prohibited relationship.Is this clause not applciable to South india (Tamilnadu,Kerala,Andharapradesh,Telangan)  or my understanding is incorrect ?

2) We are planning to get married in Arya samaj , is the marraige considered legal in society  till we register the marriage ?

3) Once we registerd the marraige ,If  i have given Ration card/Passport/Driving licnese as proof but not the adhar card  ,still  will the marital status gets updated in  Adhar card or Do i need to change the marital status explicitly later.

4) If i pay 10k for the tatkal marraige certificate as mentioned .Will i get the marraige certificate on the same day ?

Learning

10 Replies

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     05 November 2016

Arya samaj marriage is perfectly valid and  their certificate also is perfectly legal and valid  and equal to a court marriage.They will issue  the Marrige certificate on the same day. Aadhar card as planned by you you can change  as per your marital status at that time.If you appreciate this answer please click the thank you button on this forum.

1 Like

Sankaranarayanan (Advocate)     05 November 2016

please come with your identity why hessitate to show ur identity ?

(Guest)
Originally posted by : Ms.Usha Kapoor
Arya samaj marriage is perfectly valid and  their certificate also is perfectly legal and valid  and equal to a court marriage.They will issue  the Marrige certificate on the same day. Aadhar card as planned by you you can change  as per your marital status at that time.If you appreciate this answer please click the thank you button on this forum.

Usha kapoor why are you giving wrong advice on public forum. Don't you know that querist is in sapinda relationship as per Hindu marriage act 1956. Its is prohibited under HMA. Dont you know it! Plus if they go ahead there is fair chance of having handicap children.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     05 November 2016

Pls don't post as  anonymous.

Post with your identity and your query shall be resolved.

VenkataRamana (IT)     19 November 2016

According to  Hindu marriage act 195 on page  , it comes under sapinda relationship but on internet i found few of the rules  in marriage act vary based on region and its culture  .I could  also see in all over south ,   still many people  practice this and also they have got marraige certificates and are legally recognised as couple  .I dont understand still , why are few panelists still saying the marraige would be void .

Yes agreed health wise there are high chances of handicapped children.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     19 November 2016

Such marriage in some communities may be as per custom that has attained recognition by law.

Samarpan (M)99958670740 (Free legal advice and legal aid cell)     19 November 2016

Your marriage is completely valid, legal and you can get it registered through Arya Samaj Mandir or the marriage officer appointed by State Government, i.e, S.D.M.  Your marriage is valid because that though both of you are within the degrees of prohibited relationship, the custom and usage govverning each of you permits of a marriage between both of you (Section 5 (iv).  What is custom is defined in Section 3 (a).  The marriage between bava-maradalu(in A.P.) is a custom.  So, you both get valid marriage certificate and other documents, what you mentioned.

1 Like

Agreed: If there is a custom that has attained recognition by law, then marriage may be accepted as valid.

VenkataRamana (IT)     19 November 2016

Thanks All for the clarification

You are welcome.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register