Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Prashant Srivastava   10 October 2015

Marriage leave

Dear All,

Am working in a private company since last 6 months and suddenly my parents fix my marriage date.

Now matter is that my manager and HR not approving my leave for (15-20 days ) then how can i get rid of this and under which laws and section it comes.

Please suggest.

Waiting for your reply.

Learning

7 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     10 October 2015

Submit leave application in writing under proper acknowledgment and attach the scanned copy by email from personal email id to leave sanctioning authority as per leave rules and carefully retain the copies  POD..................................and do not forget to mention that on dated.......................in person you have explained the matter to mr/ms................designation..................in office.

If they do not revert then escalate to good offices of appointing authority/MD,Chairman under proper acknowledgment.

Seek help from employee's/trade union leaders and remain amiable/gentle.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     10 October 2015

even if you were govt employee leave is not a right

Are you in govt.job?

If you are getting married it is not misconduct.

If you have submitted leave application it is not misconduct.

The company can draft a leave policy that provides superior benefits (but not inferior) as compared to enactments that apply to establishment e.g. Shops and Estbs Act, standing orders (certified/model)....................

These enactments shall prevail upon any private rule/policy/agreement that employer has drafted and signed with employee e.g Leave Policy/HR policy/Service Rules/appointment letter etc............

You may carefully go thru the the language of the enactments that apply.............................and the language may be like.................................'Employee is eligible for leave........................'.............................and this may suffice..............

And that employer shall supply the approval/declinature in writing within ....................days...........

The only care that you should take is that submit leave application to sanctioning authority and escalate to good offices under proepr acknowledgment................

At times the declinature may demonstare poor/non application of mind...................

Dear Kumar Daob Sir,

Am a private employee, as per HR rules and i hear that Marriage Leave is of for 15-20 days for every employee some of employee also enjoyed that leave, butu i don,t know in my case why it is happened.

I just want to about leagl action as which IPC sections allowed me to avail my privileage leave.

Enquire around and find out the names and dates..........................and mention the details in writing under proepr acknowledgment.

There is a policy and precedence in your case/company.

While offering employment company has affirmed to provide all benefits and can't breach it.

You may go thru: (name of your state)  Shops and Estbs Act.

There are many registers that employer has to maintain and submit (even if electronically) under (name of your state)  Shops and Estbs Rules and entails leave record also....................Then employer has to mainatin service card............................Falsfication of record is offence...............

Now start recording each transaction (audio/video/witnessed/minuted), and build record that is irrefutable.

Consult employee's/trade unions leaders.They can represent you and be your witness also.

First thinf first: Submit leave application under proper acknowledgment, and mention reason as marriage...................and submit escalation to good offices.

Dear Kumar Daob Sir,

Am very thankful to you and your suggestion.

Thanks again.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register