Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sachin Gulyani (Student)     06 February 2017

Marriage immediately after divorce

Dear Learned Members,

I know that after divorce it is advisable to wait for 90 days before going for remarriage but what if the party do not wait for 90 days appeal period?  

If one gets married immediately after marriage then is it legal?  Can such marriage be registered during this course of 90 days time?  I mean, in marriage registration, will it be okay if 90 days period is not lapse, Will they issue marriage certificate?

P.S.  I know it is advisable to wait for 90 days but I want to know what law says?

Learning

4 Replies

(Guest)
Originally posted by : Sachin Gulyani
Dear Learned Members,

I know that after divorce it is advisable to wait for 90 days before going for remarriage but what if the party do not wait for 90 days appeal period?  

If one gets married immediately after marriage then is it legal?  Can such marriage be registered during this course of 90 days time?  I mean, in marriage registration, will it be okay if 90 days period is not lapse, Will they issue marriage certificate?

P.S.  I know it is advisable to wait for 90 days but I want to know what law says?

Who said it is advisable to wait for 90 days?

saravanan s (legal advisor)     06 February 2017

Wait for 90 days and if no appeal is made then you can remarry

Sachin Gulyani (Student)     06 February 2017

I have gone through internet wherein many are insisting to wait for 90 days.

In this forum too, Mr. Saravanan S adviced to wait for 90 days and if no appeal then remarriage can be done.

I want to know what law says.  If somebody gets married immediate after divorce and till 90 days no appeal is made then can this be a problem in future if the opponent appeal say after 2 years or 5 years?

Can second marriage be registered immediately after divorce?

(Guest)
Originally posted by : Sachin Gulyani
I have gone through internet wherein many are insisting to wait for 90 days.

In this forum too, Mr. Saravanan S adviced to wait for 90 days and if no appeal then remarriage can be done.

I want to know what law says.  If somebody gets married immediate after divorce and till 90 days no appeal is made then can this be a problem in future if the opponent appeal say after 2 years or 5 years?

Can second marriage be registered immediately after divorce?

Your information regarding 90 days which you supposedly got from the Internet is wrong.  Am afraid to say the above gentleman is also wrong wrt 90 days waiting to tie the knot once again.

There is no rule under Indian Law that you have to wait for 90 days before tying the knot once again. If you have valid divorce decree in your hand, you can go ahead with re-marrying immediately.

FOr if's and buts there is no salt sugar solution.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register