LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

prabhjeet kaur   07 August 2015

Marriage certificate

I WAS MARRIED IN 2010 BUT WE DIDN'T APPLY FOR MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE , BUT WITH THE HELP OF SOME ADHAAR CARD I GOT MY PASSPORT WITH HUSBAND NAME ON MY PASSPORD BUT MY HUSBAND IS IN UAE FOR PAST 2 YEARS AND HE IS NOT ABLE TO ADD MY NAME IN HIS PASSPORT WITHOUT CERTIFICATE , NOW I ALSO GOT A JOB IN UAE BUT COMPANY WANTED ME TO COME THERE ON HUSBAND VISA FOR THAT ALSO I NEED MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE ABOVE ALL WE HAVE ONE SON ON HIS PASSPORT ALSO FATHER AND MOTHER NAME ARE WRITTEN BUT FOR VISA AND ENROLLMENT OF MY NAME IN HUSBAND PASSPORT INDIAN EMBASSY ARE ASKING FOR MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE , PLEASE GUIDE US HOW WE CAN APPLY AND GET IT ! A.S.A.P ,MY HUSBAND CANT COME TO INDIA BECAUSE OF HIS BOND FILLED WITH COMPANY IS THERE ANY OTHER WAY WE CAN APPLY OR GET OUR CERTIFICATE 

Learning

2 Replies

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     07 August 2015

THIS IS AN EXTRACT FROM AN ARTICLE IN TIMES OF INDIA

Many people asking to arrange marriage registration without presence of husband or wife. Many husbands working in abroad and if they want to  apply spouse visa , they have to produce marriage certificate for getting visa. In this situation they will try to get marriage certificate without presence of husband and they will argue for registration without husband presence.

But as per registration act  both husband and wife must present before marriage registrar and and they have to sign and they have to put their thump impression in marriage register.so people must must understand the procedure .

Also like property registration, they cannot appoint any agent for marriage registration.so both husband and wife has to compulsorily present for their marriage registration.

Only for christians it is possible to get marriage certificate without husband and wife presence.Based on church certificate they can get marriage certificate from tamilnadu government .

so people those who are working in abroad and those who are in chances to settle in abroad must register their marriage immediately after their customary marriage and they can avoid unnecessary trouble In last moment.

For love marriage couples , this problem will not arrive because they will register their marriage legally and they will have valid marriage certificate.

S.QAISAR ALI ADV. (Advocate)     07 August 2015

Agreed with Mr. Sainath Devalla.Both husband and wife will have to be presented  before    Registrar for marriage  registration/getting marriage certificate.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register