LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

phani (marketing)     21 October 2014

Marriage certificate

We had a ceremonial Hindu marriage and i am having photos and invitation card of the marriage but we did not register the marriage so there is no Mariage certificate. We had 2 years girl.

we are not living together. i filed Domestic violance and maintenace against my husband. now i need marriage certificate. my actual problem is in all my identity proof s i have my parents initial, but in my daughters birth certificate i mentioned with my husbands initial. for my daughter aadhar card and passport i need the proof. my husband is not supporting to sign as father for the daughter. 

Learning

2 Replies

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     21 October 2014

Dear,

Write an application before the court as to where the case is pending mentioning your genuine problem. 

Adv Kapil Chandna

Adv. Chandrasekhar (Advocate)     21 October 2014

It is important to find out what reply  he has given in your maintenance and DV case.  In that is he accepting that he is your husband or not?  In Indian courts, marriage cannot be proved only by marriage certificate, because about 80% of the marriages are not registered in Hindus.  There are two facts to be cleared - 1.  Whether has he been accepting that you are his wife?  2.  Whether has he been accepting the daughter, his own daughter?  If the answer for these two questions is Yes from his side and even then he refuses to sign the documents, then the solution lies only that you file civil suit for declaration that he is the father of the child.  If he refuses to accept you his wife and the daughter is his own daughter, then by an adept advocate's hands, he would be going to face more serious criminal charges which would put him for not less than seven years.  So, as already you have been fighting DV and maintenance cases, use the skill of your advocate to get him round to accept the ultimate truth.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register