LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

giridhar@42   20 January 2016

Marriage cancelled

A marriage was agreed and I, the boy, and few other family members said to the girls side that whatever expenses be above your capacity we will pay from our side only not to be told to my father. We had said if he asks to do any thing more like any increase in share of expenses than also we will give to you but do not tell him. Still the girl's father and girl is cancelling the marriage on blame of dowry and threatening to file a case.

Please inform will it attract a case and punishment.

Learning

4 Replies

saravanan s (legal advisor)     20 January 2016

anybody can file a case over anyone but they need to prove it in the court

Manoj Choudhary (Advocate)     20 January 2016

Agree with Mrs. Renuka. But Ist to answer ur query have you taken any money from them? If yes, there could be trouble for you. So be honest while asking query. Further u can msg ur situation if u dnt wnt to discuss openly

giridhar@42   20 January 2016

We were doing the same thing but her father even after agreeing, always kept saying :

-I can't do this, I can't do that so we said that we can perform a marriage at Gayatri temple which can save cost but he said no. So my dad said if you want to perform traditional style marriage then do it properly. 

I also told the girl that even if my father asks your father to do anything extra in rituals then tell me I will bear it . in our caste girls side give mangal sutra, even that was given to them by my mausi. 

I still told the girl "dont cancel the marriage, I assure your nothing will happen after marriage but she didnt listen" . Her father is saying that I will do a case that we asked 5-10 lakhs rs. whereas we were still ready for marriage.

SuperHero (Manager)     20 January 2016

Originally posted by : giridhar@42
We were doing the same thing but her father even after agreeing, always kept saying :

-I can't do this, I can't do that so we said that we can perform a marriage at Gayatri temple which can save cost but he said no. So my dad said if you want to perform traditional style marriage then do it properly. 

I also told the girl that even if my father asks your father to do anything extra in rituals then tell me I will bear it . in our caste girls side give mangal sutra, even that was given to them by my mausi. 

I still told the girl "dont cancel the marriage, I assure your nothing will happen after marriage but she didnt listen" . Her father is saying that I will do a case that we asked 5-10 lakhs rs. whereas we were still ready for marriage.

Everything happens for a good reason. Better cancel off the marriage.

Let them file the case. Nothing will happen. They will waste time, money and energy.

You just go to work and live a normal life...

Barking Dog Seldom Bite!!!

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register