LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

kunal krishnarao mohite   14 June 2016

Marriage bureau

dear sir , my name is kunal mohite i was planning to start a new marriage bureau. but as i came to know to start and register marriage bureau you need to have a law degree. is it true that all marriage bureau owners are lawyers. is there any other option by which i can start my matrimonial business. if the rule exist then if i do law will i have to surrender my degree for starting marimony business. as i am already into the first year of law. can a law student pursuing start matrimony business. 

Learning

3 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     14 June 2016

There is no law degree is required.But trade licence is a must.

Dr Katta Venkata Rama Krishna (Retd Sr Director Govt of India/ Advocate)     14 June 2016

1) When u r pursuing Law, why do u want to enter into business?  Even after its completion, u r prohibited from doing any trade/ business to practice as an Advocate, which is strictly implemented now.

2) In addition to ur obtaining licence, recently the Govt has laid down strict rules as per Advisory on the subject.

3) "Service providers should make a declaration that website is strictly for matrimonial purpose only and not a dating website and should not be used for posting obscene material."

4) Government has advised that matrimonial websites should caution users against possible fraudsters and encourage users to report any fraudulent activity on the website.

5) It said that users need to verify credentials of the statements that matrimonial websites do not authenticate about any profile unless specifically stated.

6) Matrimonial websites under new rules will be required to name grievances redressal officer on their portals.

7) Besides, the new rule mandates "matrimonial websites should store IP address of profile creator for one year from the date of activation," it said.

kunal krishnarao mohite   15 June 2016

Thank you sir for clearing my query, yes sir as you said i am aware of the growing cyber crime in our country. ya about matrimony business sir its a family business for us. my fore fathers are doing from a genration. but on a ground level but i wish to expand that on higher level so i wanted to know about the registration process and required qualification. i  am doing law for Professional growth but as matrimony is our family business i want to take it on diffrent level. being a law student i know the that i have to keep in mind the rules and regulation laid by our constitutions and i will follow it throughly..

Thanks and regards 

Kunal krishanarao Mohite 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register