Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Bharat (Mktg)     31 July 2014

Marriage between hindu boy & christian girl

Hello,

I am a 27 year old boy working in Bangalore and my girlfriend (27 y.o.) too is here and are into 5th year of our relationship. We are living seperately. I am a Hindu and she  is a Christian both of whose permanent residence is in Madhya Pradesh. We want to get married under Special Marriage Act. We have been here since the last 2 years only and only possess the rental agreements as a proof of residence. Will this suffice during the documentation procedure, if not then what should we do if we have to marry here only. I don't wish to go the Arya Samaj way.  

As my mother is a widow and I don't want to give her a jolt with this news and only her father is right now convinced though only half-heartedly. So, I want to keep this a secret for sometime (meaning no notification of our marriage should reach either of our homes) such that we may later on have the situation in our hands to tell the truth.

Summing Up

1. Will the Rental agreement of Bangalore along with documents of other M.P. take us ahead.

2. Will the 30 day notice be sent to our Temporary or Permanent address else can it be held within the court anyhow.

3. Can this 30 Day notice period be reduced  by any means.

I will be thankful to people who can provide us a way wade through so that these two hearts can rekindle permanently without any discord in the relationship.

Also please share any reference in this matter.

Learning

3 Replies

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     31 July 2014

Dear Querist rent agreement alongwith your id and address proof are sufficient for marriage registration under special marriage act. Notice will be affixed on the notice board of the registrar office and no sent to parties homes. 30 days period is mandatory so can not be waived. Feel free to call

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     31 July 2014

if you have a notarised rent agreement for your temporary address poof , your id , permanent address proof with you then you can apply for your marriage under special marriage act , one notice will be affixed on the notice board of the marriage officer office and a notice will be send to your permanent address , the limitation of 30 days is given to raise the objection against the marriage by the parents of the parties , this period can not be waived , you can not solemnised your marriage in the arya samaj mandir, because for that you both should be hindu .

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     31 July 2014

any id which can show your address is sufficient

for the notice read : https://archive.indianexpress.com/news/can-marry-without-prior-notice-sent-to--parents-rules-hc/449221/ 

this article the court held that there is no mandatory to send notice to the parents address

30 days is a compulsory 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register