Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sachin Gulyani (Student)     10 September 2015

Marriage anullment

Dear Members,

I posted the query earlier but didnt get any answer.  So I am now simplifying the query and hope to get the reply this time.

Wife has a proof of husband about him mentioning different date of birth in 2 documents. i.e one for marriage registration and other for passport.

Can a wife file for marriage annulment on the basis of forgery as the husband forged the documents and can that both certificates can prove the forgery by husband.?  

Can we take the base of concealing the material fact by husband from wife. Husband lied about his true age from wife.

Learning

4 Replies

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     10 September 2015

Sir,

If the difference in age is such as would prejudice the wife to have taken decision to get married to you, then at maximum she can claim fraud on your part, but if the difference is not of much affect to her decision, the she should not.

Warm Regards

Kapil Chandna Advocate

Sachin Gulyani (Student)     10 September 2015

At the time of marriage, wife and husband both was of 19 years.  But my concern is that husband forged the documents either for marriage registration or for passport.

Marriage registered: 27/1/2007...  DOB mentioned = 01/01/1984

Passport issued: 01/12/2014...... DOB mentioned = 21/03/1988

Both affidavit sworn.  Wife came to know about this when she got the husband's passport photo copy.  So either he did fraud for marriage registration or for passport.

So can now wife file for marriage annulment on the basis that husband concealed the material fact.??

(Guest)

For the sake of filing, you can file not just annulment, but diovrce, 498a, DV, 125 crpc, IA, 24 HMA, all together and also in different courts one after the other and see what court has to tell, make husband tear his hairs.

Sateesh Ch   10 September 2015

Originally posted by : Gyan Prakash
For the sake of filing, you can file not just annulment, but diovrce, 498a, DV, 125 crpc, IA, 24 HMA, all together and also in different courts one after the other and see what court has to tell, make husband tear his hairs.

Please dont encourage people about foisting false cases. This post raises lot of questions on your integrity

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register