LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Surya Prakash   25 September 2018

Marriage

Sir.. could any one please tell us the procedure according to the special marriage act... actually some are saying that marrying second cousin (comes under prohibeted degree as her grandfather and my grandfather are sibilings) is not valid even though you got marriage there is a chance for obligations...sir.. is it valid if any one of us change the religion and get marraige.. r is there any other procedure for that..sir.. we really need it sir.. as i can't let my wife suffering i want to do anything for her..please sir if possible please tell us in detail.. as no one is ready to hear it at all am requesting you this much...please sir don't consider us as that much cheap as i was abused by someone in previous replies i request if u can advice with concern of our situation we will be happy.. but please stop abusing.. we are not like animals if we are like animals we will cheat others.. but we don't want to cheat any one.. we want us together for rest of our lives... Kindly suggest sir.. i will do any thing for her.. is it possible if i go for adoption? Am 30 and she is 24 sir.. Thank you sir...

Learning

4 Replies

Adv Deepak Joshi +917017821512 (Advocate)     25 September 2018

Dear querist,

SPECIAL MARRIAGE ACT

The following are the essential conditions to be fulfilled for the registration of

the marriage under Special Marriage Act.

1. Neither party has a spouse Living.

2. Neither party is an idiot or lunatic.

3. Bridegroom has completed the age of 21 year and the Bride has completed

the age of 18 years.

4. Both the Bridegroom and Bride are not within the prohibited relationship.

Deepak Joshi & Associates

Djaa.legal@gmail.com

Mb/whatsapp +919456777600

Surya Prakash   25 September 2018

Tq.. sir.. tq very much..

Samarpan (M)99958670740 (Free legal advice and legal aid cell)     28 September 2018

Similar problem was faced by a judge in Delhi Courts.  He married his cousin.  Both converted to christianity and got married and registered their marriage in church.  And Delhi HC judgment (Passed by Justice Suresh Kait) validated the marriage.  You can do that thing.  Special Marriage Act willl not allow you to register your marriage.

Surya Prakash   03 October 2018

Tq sir.. i read that some where else but in there case she is his uncle's daughter.. (father's sister's daughter) but here in our case she is my second cousin ( father's father's brother's son's daughter).. is this relation valid according to christianity..? This is my doubt sir...

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register