Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

deep (deep)     04 July 2015

Marriage

Kindly explain what does 7 (2) a b c mean

7 Ceremonies for a Hindu marriage. — (1) A Hindu marriage may be solemnized in accordance with the customary rites and ceremonies of either party thereto. (2) Where such rites and ceremonies include the saptpadi (that is, the taking of seven steps by the bridegroom and the bride jointly before the sacred fire), the marriage becomes complete and binding when the seventh step is taken. State Amendments Section 7A Pondicherry: After section 7, insert the following section, namely:— (a) by each party to the marriage declaring in any language understood by the parties that each takes the other to be his wife or, as the case may be, her husband; or (b) by each party to the marriage garlanding the other or putting a ring upon any finger of the other; or (c) by the tying of the thali.

Learning

6 Replies

saravanan s (legal advisor)     04 July 2015

thats seer thirutha kalayanam where there wont be any priest officiating marriage and no ceremonies including sapthapadi but still its a valid hindu marriage

deep (deep)     04 July 2015

Thanks a lot sir, sir that means if two adult Hindus marry exchanging garlands,sindhoor,manglasutra ring with only family members around, is it a valid marriage? Actually sir, my husband filed annulment merely on the basis that no saptapadi was performed which they claim is necessary in both of our families, because he knows i do not have phere wali photographs, rest all i have, 

We have a minor child 

What reply should i give.. pls guide

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     04 July 2015

As per your version of marriage performed is called GANDHARVA VIVAAHAM. This is one of the types of hindu marriages to avoid expenses from both the sides. It is valid marriage. 

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     04 July 2015

deep (deep)     13 August 2015

R these Pondicherry amendments applicable in Punjab, Chandigarh, haryana as well , or only in Pondicherry

deep (deep)     25 August 2015

Wat is gandharv marriage?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register