Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

SENTHIL   15 June 2015

Manpower reduction

Sir, 
I have been working in a reputed MNC / private limited concern from 10-01-2013 to till date as Customer Support Engineer. As per joining letter / appointment order, the employee will be paid 3 months salary or 3 months notice period if either of the party wants the contract to be breaked. But after 1 year ( my probation period as they mention) I have not recieved any communication stating that I have been confirmed to the company for my current position. Now my boss says due to manpower reduction management asking me to give resignation letter with my personal reason within a month, else company will terminate you... plase advise.

Learning

1 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     15 June 2015

Have you been ever a member of any unions:::: students union while studying, employee’s unions while employed, trade unions while employed, etc………..?

The people that united are well informed and supported also.

The first thing you should do is to become a member of employee’s unions, trade unions…………… while employed and lodge complaint with them in writing under proper acknowledgment  and then proceed further………………….

Are you aware that ‘Works Committee’ in a company is an authority under ID Act……………….In many states it has been made mandatory to have GRC……………………….Employee’s can form IC,GUILD etc?

The union leaders know precise ways to drill sense into the heads in such matters.

There are endless number of threads on similar queries::::: Company reducing manpower and BOSS asking to resign for personal or face termination!!!!

Boss is saving his/her job by executing the instructions of his/her masters, although he/she is well aware that this is offence,illegal,punishable and he/she is under/legal/sworn duty to rise and tell his/her masters that he/she can not do it even if he/she has to loose his/her job.

What is being done is………………………may be ‘RETRENCHMENT’ and you may be eligible for  ‘Retrenchment  Compensation’?

Have you recorded the meeting and statements of Boss (audio/visual/witnessed/minuted etc)…………………………that company is reducing manpower …………… ? Drive the subsequent discussions and record and generate irrefutable evidence.

You are rather being asked to tender notice/resignation and serve notice period of 30 days and buzz off……………………….and your FnF may happen or not.

You should provide full information, pointwise!

What is this establishment registered as: Commercial,Industrial?

What is its line of business:IT,ITeS,banking etc?

How many maxmimum persons are employed in it at any point of time?

The Redg Office,Corporate Office of the company, and your reporting office was located in which state?

What was your designation and nature of duties?

Do you have leave policy, HR policy,Service Rules and Regulations,Conduct and Discipline Rules, Lay off policy………. that are mentioned in the appointment letter?

Was any appointment letter,salary slip of each month,PF number with a/c slips,ESIC card,Form16 given to you?

Did you resign in writing under proper acknowledgment (followed by letter under acknowledgment or by Redg. Post) , and mention NO tasks are pending at your end and to whom you should handover the charge?

Has acknowledgment of notice of resignation, supplied to you?

Are you a member of any employee’s/Trade Unions?

What was your monthly salary?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register