LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

U Singh (,)     24 November 2017

Man get married before divorce

What process to adopt when found that man is married before taking divorce . Eg in 2006 he get married and separated in a month then in 2007 he get married from someone else and in 20011 girl take divorce from that person . But thinks not end here still we are facing issue from that person end thats why we want to know what we can do to get rid of him legally means stop him to harm us

Learning

5 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     24 November 2017

Probably from title and query you mean to post that the said man as on date married twice before 3rd marriage.

It is believed that all involved are Hindu.

Confirm!

The marriage that is conducted during the subsistence of earlier valid marriage is void/illegal.

You may redraft the query so as to convey a clear message and post date/month/year of each marriage and divorce and also confirm;

The marriage(s) was registered or not and/or registered under Hindu Marriage Act or Special Marriage Act.

On what ground the divorce was awarded after 1 month of marriage?

Was divorce awarded by court of law or it was say customary divorce and confirmed/declared valid by court of law.

U Singh (,)     24 November 2017

Yes Hindu marriage 

He married with my sister in 2006 and left as he is demanding few thinks and logically in 2006 thinks were not ok in such sitations . in 2007 he marry someone else in 2011 as my sister want to remarry take divorce from him without any demand and issue . 

Now we found that he marry in 2007 with someone else can we use it to pressurelise him to live us instant of creating issues in direct or indirect way .

Background - I married with his sister and after divorse from my sister he file all cases like 498 Dv Act etc on me in 2011 . we all get married in 2006 . 

Can i use this somewhere so that they compermise with us and we came outof all these issues

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     25 November 2017

Marriage during subsistence of marriage is an offence. It is criminal offence however 10 years has passed now so it is difficult to file complaint. And your allegation should support some documents.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register