Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Maitenance deposit & monthly maintenance charges

Dear sir,

I own an appartment, I was told that one time maintenance deposit of Rs. 90000/- is payable at the time of handover of property. The co-op. society is not formed, there is a ad-hoc committee managing affairs. They are asking to pay additional Rs. 1500/ month towards maintenance of society. I am regularly paying maintenance charges, but wondering, whether is it worth paying deposit too ? Should I offer interest equivalant of deposit ? What is the law on this aspect ?

Since, they are taking maintenance deposit and also charges / month ?

Please advice !

Regards,

Udayan Modhe

Learning

4 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     20 April 2015

No powers to collect lumpsum amount  as deposit for Maintenance. Maintenance charges or service charges are levied by allcooperative housing societies to cater for expenses incurred. The basis on which the society charges will be shared by each apartment unit is decided by the Cooperative Housing Society. As per the model bye-laws of the Maharashtra Ownership of Flats Act (MOFA), each housing society must follow a combination of per square feet and per flat basis for final calculation of the service charge for various heads. You can give complaint to registrar of societies.

(Guest)

Dear sir,

Thanks for your reply !

I am staying in Vadodara, Gujarat. Here too, same principle applies ?

Means, I should only pay monthly maintenance and refuse payment of deposit, right ?

Regards,

Udayan Modhe

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     21 April 2015

Law prevails all over the country. Gujarat is in our country. Not in pakistan

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     30 April 2015

You check the bye laws of your society about such charges, if there is no mention about it, you may demand refund.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register