Maintenance for wife

I am planning to file a divoce case angainst my wife. My wife cheated me . First she filed a fake FIR of Dowry 498, 354, 306, etc not my case setteled in mediation center. But now she again threating me for fillinga a case, and demanding a money one time setelment 25 lakh. My wife is wel Qualified MBA and working in a collage as a lecturar. Now if i proved in the court that she is well qualified . Can court ordered to me that give a 25 lakh to her wife. I am my wife living together in a rented house. Is she is eligible share of my family property. I dont have any propertry by my name. Please Guide me.

If you could prove before the Court that wife is qualified and employed, she cannot claim maintenance and Court will not grant anything to her.  She cannot claim any property which is not belonging to you.  However, if the property is ancestral, then you will get the share out of it, and she can claim out of that share.

Total likes : 1 times




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


Search Forum:


  LAWyersclubindia Menu