Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

r. ram babu b.com (proprietor)     02 July 2017

Maintenance charges 8 lacs ordered -decided how..!!!

out of curiosity I am asking this from experts in this field.

Very recently 1 telugu film /TV artiste was ordered to pay 8 lacs mainteance each month by court in vijayawada.

From the dnews reported in TV they argued on the basis - that this artiste is earning 30 lacs per month. His wife sought this much as she has to ? maintain the same standard of life as she maintained during marriage.

Now from commonsense point of view ;- 

I wante to know how this mainteance amount is decided.

particularly when he is in a profession (that too acting ) where the income is not fixed like a salaried employee. 

Here in this case No one is dependant on her - HER CHILDREN WERE MARRIED AND SETTLED. SHE is staying with her mother.

please enlighten on the criteria of awarding maintenace when the other partner income is widly fluctuating enlightened

cool Further to the above, as the court has granted maintenance on the basis of his income of 30 lakhs per month - can Income tax authroites verify his returns filed whether he filed his returns at this rate or not. ?  

If the dept. approaches him and seek clarification why he is not filing returns for that much income - what should he say...broken heart

Learning

1 Replies

Raja_498a Victim (Manager)     02 July 2017

Hey..First see complete order why it was ordered.

Despite many summons, actor failed to appear before court and it was ex-parte order.

Always need to appoint attorney and need to file counter otherwise things will be like this only.

I am sure that he will go to high court and order will be stayed and set aside.

Lower Judges generally corrupt and expate can do any thing.

It is clear exparte order.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register