LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vijay   10 January 2017

Maintenance charge

When our society was under construction I have combined two flats of one room kitchen each for my convenience. The door of the second flat was closed by bricks and now I am using only one door. The flat was registered as one unit and only one light meter is fitted for this flat. After around two years the cooperative housing society was formed and the builder handed over the building to cooperative society. Everything went well for next few years. Now the Secretary/Chairman is asking for maintenance charge for two flats. My question is whether I have to pay this charge for two flat which actually do not exist and it is made as one unit during phase of construction, registered as one unit, having one electricity connection and no objection was raised initially. Please guide.

Learning

2 Replies

jyotirmaya behera (advocate)     11 January 2017

When you purchased that both flat that made in one flat,  at the time of registration that both are different flat or one flat? At the time purchased you made both in one then you have to pay as per agreement or purchase (one flat). You have to show that there is one flat not two.

JYOTIRMAYA PRASAD BEHERA

ADVOCATE, ORISSA HIGH COURT

jyotirmaya behera (advocate)     11 January 2017

When you purchased that both flat that made in one flat,  at the time of registration that both are different flat or one flat? At the time purchased you made both in one then you have to pay as per agreement or purchase (one flat). You have to show that there is one flat not two.

JYOTIRMAYA PRASAD BEHERA

ADVOCATE, ORISSA HIGH COURT

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register